Recipe for pain salve and foaming hand soap

Hi Penny,

Those sound like great recipes.  I'd like to try making the hand soap some time.  I like to make a Plantain salve (plantago major) as a general healing aid.  It works wonders on cuts, scrapes, rashes and the like.  In a pinch, I chew some up and apply it directly to a wound.  It works amazingly fast!  Have you started the Home Medicine course on here yet?  I haven't as of yet and would like to have someone to compare notes with who's doing it at about the same time.

Comments

• Penny
    Penny Posts: 3
    edited March 2018
    No, Brodo. I have not. Now that I have retired, I find that I want to do it all, right now! But time commitments are getting in the way. It is on my bucket list, though. People already come to me for remedies, and I want to be sure I am using the herbals correctly. Thanks for your words of encouragement!
  • H_D
    H_D Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    for a healing salve..the ingredients truly depend on what it is you would like to heal..plantain is a great base to use when there are wounds..for nerve pain I would use a base herb of St Johns Wort maybe with something anti inflammatory like turmeric or cannabis or CBD if you have access.  Helichrysum is a great EO to add too.  again it depends on the root cause of the pain. - Heather
  • Merin Porter
    Merin Porter Posts: 1,026 admin
    edited May 2018
    My friend makes homemade pain salves and tinctures. After I got a shoulder injury skiing, she gave me two different versions -- one with cannabis and one without. The one with cannabis worked a whole lot better. (And it wasn't just me who thought that -- I let other people use it on various aches and pains, and they thought so, too!)

Also, you  may have seen this already, but in TGN's upcoming Home Medicine Summit (starts May 14), Kami McBride will be presenting on "How to Make Healing Salve and Lip Balm." I am betting it will be really interesting and definitely want to watch it!
  • H_D
    H_D Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Merin,

anything with cannabis infused into it is better :) Ive made infused salves for my family for years for all kinds of aches and pain from nerve damage and internal pelvic pain including a helping to heal a broken hip socket and bone growth. Its a miraculous plant

Heather