Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

Leathercraft — The Grow Network Community
Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.

-Thomas Edison

Leathercraft

Joanna NewcomerJoanna Newcomer Posts: 10 ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in DIY Projects
I keep thinking about getting into leatherworking because it seems very handy (and cool), but then I start down that rabbit hole and just know it's going to be another one of those things I go ridiculously overboard on haha.

What are some of the more popular leather crafts that people buy from you?

Comments

• Joanna NewcomerJoanna Newcomer Posts: 10 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Ive been doing it for over 20years and still go overboard on a regular basis!

Sadly the most popular things are my least favorite to make, belts and wallets.
  • Ruth Ann ReyesRuth Ann Reyes Managing Director TGN Shy of the Chi - Zone 5bPosts: 315 admin
    edited April 2018
    I have some experience w/ leather...Mostly jewelry and accessories.
  • CherlynnCherlynn Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    When my daughter was still living at home she used to make moccasins.  She spent a week visiting my friend on the Navajo reservation in Arizona and learned how to make them.  She gets $80 to $120 per pair.  I still can't believe how comfortable they are.
  • Ruth Ann ReyesRuth Ann Reyes Managing Director TGN Shy of the Chi - Zone 5bPosts: 315 admin
    edited April 2018
    Wow, Cherlynn! That is really cool! I'm a big fan of mocassins and would love to have an opportunity like that!
  • RustBeltCowgirlRustBeltCowgirl North Coast OhioPosts: 131 ✭✭✭

I don't do leather work at the moment. Not enough hours in the days, so working with leather is limited to tack care.

Moving this up to see if any of the other newbies (besides me) have an interest.