Go to/Favorite herbals for allergies and asthma.

Joanna Newcomer
Joanna Newcomer Posts: 10 ✭✭✭
Magnesium known for its ability to reduce muscle spasm, this also includes the muscles that surround the airways of the lung. Green tea and the herbal medicine Lobelia are also effective bronchodilators.
Essential oil you can try eucalyptus,

Balancing the allergic/inflammatory pathways in the body is also very important. Liver and kidney support to ensure the body can eliminate toxins and manage the histamine response which happens in the liver. Omega-3 oils a study shows people who eat fish more than once per week have one third the risk of developing asthma as those who don’t eat fish regularly.
Avoiding tartrazine dyes (found in many artificial colorings), preservatives, aspirin, ibuprofen, and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs is also important as these substances promote the production of leukotrienes, potent inflammatory substances involved in asthma.

Nutrients that are important in asthma treatment include C, B6, and B12, and the minerals selenium and molybdenum. Vitamin B12 and molybdenum both act to reduce sensitivity to sulfites, a common ingredient of restaurant foods that aggravates asthma in an estimated 5-10% of sufferers.

Finally, many people with asthma don’t produce enough stomach acid, a condition which can lead to food allergies and decreased nutrient absorption

Raw local honey, Bromelain and Quercetin, ginger, turmeric, passion flower , hawthorn, lobelia, marshmallow, motherwort and mullein are also all great herbal and natural remedies to reduce the severity or occurrence of asthma attacks..for an adult cannabis (vaporized) is great for asthma and I know how odd it sounds but a medical doc told me in the 90’s when I had asthma if I could get cannabis into my lungs id cough a bit but my airways would open and asthma symptoms would be reduced, and it works I not only had relief but I also don’t have asthma anymore.
Nervine herbs can be used to reduce stress associated with asthma attacks.
There are many more herbs that can be used, again depends on the cause of the asthma, what the triggers are and what the concomitant is.
Homeopathic remedies work very well as well but much more detail is needed to recommend a specific remedy.
In my practice first thing we do is open the liver/kidney pathways with homeopathic drainage. Then a specific lung formulation with tissue factors and herbs and I would also add a good homemade bone broth start on an elimination diet to find triggers if its food related. If its environmental I would look into homeopathic environmental remedies.

In my practice first thing we do is open the liver/kidney pathways with homeopathic drainage. Then support the lung function with a specific lung formulation with tissue factors and herbs and I would also add a good homemade bone broth start on an elimination diet to find triggers if its food related. If its environmental I would look into homeopathic environmental remedies.
hope this helps

Heather

Comments

• alindsay22
    alindsay22 Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I've recently added black seed oil to my list of food for health and incorporate it daily.  It is said to have the same effects as pharmaceuticals without any of the negative effects AND has a ton of other benefits.