Todays Pain Salve Project

H_D
H_D Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
Thanks for sharing Heather.  It’s  been high on my list to revamp my go to salve. I use Shea butter in my mix, but I haven’t heard anyone mention it here. Any reason not to?

Comments

• H_D
    edited September 2018
    alindsay22

No reason not to. as a practicing clinical herbalist I limit my collection of carrier oils and maximize my collection of herbs..I tend to use olive and coconut oil simply because its what I have A LOT of in the house. and the coconut oil is for its healing properties not such a great skin oil, Shea butter, cocoa butter, whipped salves, grapeseed oil, avocado and sweet almond oil, hemp seed oil primrose oil..all great ways to make salves..i say use what you have :)
    i also responded to you in under another topic you mentioned for your daughter..I am a clinical herbalist and naturopath if you need, want or desire any advice do not hesitate to message me..

Happy Healing
    Heather
  • peppypoblano
    peppypoblano Posts: 92
    edited September 2018
    I'm eager to try this.  Thank you.
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 42
    edited September 2018
    Thanks Heather for sharing this recipe.  My boys have been complaining of growing pains and I would like to make this for them, any considerations I should know about using it on kids?  I"ll probably limit the essential oils to just lavender and turmeric, as I understand that they can be quite strong for kids.

• H_D
    edited September 2018
    I would limit the EO as well and as you can see many of the herbs are also EO's added. Arnica is amazing for muscle pain associated with growing pains
    Heather
  • Kristin Mills
    Kristin Mills Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for this! I’m building up my apothecary and I need tested recipes from trusted sources.
  • H_D
    edited October 2018
    you're very welcome Kristin..I have lots of salves and herbal recipes I can share :)

I should have also added, If I had available when I made this I would have been to add cannabis flower or CBD/Hemp oil..for this ratio I would add to the entire mix a gram of cannabis oil and/or a gram of hemp oil (not hemp seed oil) that has already been processed using coconut or olive oils, this would give each finished tin 500 mg - 1 gram of of cannabis or hemp depending on what you used. You could also add Magnesium flakes (2 parts).

Happy Healing
    Heather
  • AndreaDennin
    AndreaDennin Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This is just what I need for my aching back! Thanks Heather.