Wild Collecting

mhelfrick
mhelfrick Posts: 1 ✭✭✭
my personal feeling is NO nor would I use it for myself. Whether its something that can be measured with current science or not, I would err on the side of caution when wildcrafting for herbs... far from roads, far off the beaten path, away from factories and powerlines.
Happy Healing
Heather

Comments

• alindsay22
    alindsay22 Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I don't collect unless I'm out in the wilderness.  I have even hesitated to grow herbs in my front yard because of the car traffic and pedestrians walking their dogs.

• DebiB
    DebiB Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hmmmm....just an idea....would it be possible to dig some up and plant it in your yard (or a pot) and let it grow and harvest it next year?
  • AndreaDennin
    AndreaDennin Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Very interesting article. Better safe than sorry!
  • H_D
    H_D Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    DebiB
    personally my answer is no. Once the plant has been damaged at the cellular level it most likely wont recover (using homeopathy is one way but you really gotta understand plant disease and homeopathy) but after all the research ive done (I also used to be an electrical engineer) my conclusion as a former electrical engineer and as a current Clinical herbalist and naturopath is that the RF and electromagnetic damage occurs at the cellular level, changing the structure and DNA of the plant (or person) so simply transplanting it to healthier soil may help but all of your subsequent clones will have inherited the same problems. This also happens when human DNA is damaged and mom passes things on to her baby.
    Happy Healing
    Heather
  • AndreaDennin
    edited November 2018
    Heather what are your thoughts on x-rays at the airport? I’ve brought plants and herbs through security and now I’m wondering if the x-ray damaged them at the cellular level?

Thanks!

A
  • H_D
    H_D Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Andrea
    first I should say I dont travel on airplanes or go to airports anymore, havent for a decade at least and always refused to walk through the xray machines.

I think we dont know enough about those xray machines, I know they dont penetrate very far into the body but heart issues and skin issues have been noted. Plants can be penetrated easier..There has not been any formal studys on these specific machine on the human body (or plants) however , I stick by "there is no level of safe radiation, no matter the form."

Nothing safer than food youve grown yourself or knowing the farmer who grew it before the food enters the "system" because many major processors use xray technology to scan the food before it goes into the system.

my 2 cents, I am sure someone else has an opinion too
    Happy Healing
    heather
  • AndreaDennin
    edited November 2018
    Heather I did not know they X-ray the food...very interesting. And disturbing.