Waiting on Spring calves
Yes...we are waiting. And waiting...
We have 2 jersey cows that are holding on. One's belly is hanging like a bell. She is a bit older and always gets huge & so does her udder, but it has not ballooned yet. Once it does, calving is imminent. She will have a milking shorthorn×. The other is young. This is her 2nd calf. She is still quite small, but anyone would be next to the big balloon beside her. Haha! She will either have a female specific jersey or an Angus× calf. Hopefully neither have little bulls.
I think they are in competition to see who can hold on the longest. "Survivor Jersey," who knew?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter