Ideas to use veggies strained from fire cider
I hated to throw out the veggies after straining my fire cider so I tried putting them in a stir fry. It tasted good but it was too fibrous to be pleasant. This time I dehydrated the veggies and put them in the food processor to make a powder. It's delicious! Here's some ideas for how to use the "fire powder"...
Sprinkle on buttered popcorn
Top a baked potato
Mix in with sour cream, olive oil, and fresh pressed garlic for a chip dip (also great on kefta and falafels)
Puree cooked cauliflower with butter and a splash of cream and add "fire powder" to taste.
Season grilled chicken
What ideas have you tried or sound good?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter