continuing Rainbows

ines871
ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

One day a while back, I had had quite enough, of humanity ill-intended. - So as I do daily I said to Jesus "You know, the RAINBOW you created for us is so perfectly beautiful, with only 1 problem: it doesn't last all day. I need a rainbow that stays". - And silently the answer came: "my precious child, I created your soul to which I added an intelligent creative mind plus gave you a well-functioning body. Factually you have all the resources you need to create your own perpetual 🙂 rainbow so continue having fun. And as the eternally optimistic long-life learner this I set out to do.

First I did my best the lay the foundation, & dream't making a double rainbow, but came to conclude that some creations are best left to God, lol - Next I started with ornamental perennial flowers: red, salmon, orange, yellow, White, green, sky-blue, royal-blue, purple & lavender: yes 10. Earned themselves many a Fair-ribbon. in case anybody is interested re this initial 55 foot endeavor I can share pics later.

After a winter in which, having not been mulched enough some died, I thought I wonder how an Herbal rainbow would praise God too. - Well, another of family's projects is a foodForest but not in a rainbow contour most likely. AnnsEntitledLife.com shows how you can cultivate yummy foods.

Now, what Healing Herbs have you planted & benefited from ? in a splendid show of red, salmon, orange, yellow, White, green, sky-blue, royal-blue, purple & lavender. - I have started a few. Please share your experiences & blessings... 🙂 Thank you

Comments

• ines871

I do not know how to include a PDF. Would someone please delete the 1st. attempt. Thank you.

• Jimerson
    Jimerson Posts: 291 admin

I was able to see your PDF without a problem! I love the idea of your rainbow garden. I'd love to see photos of it in full bloom!

• Ruth Ann Reyes
    Ruth Ann Reyes Posts: 580 admin

Both links work for me too!

And, I totally agree w/ @Jimerson I want to see this garden in full bloom! 🍏🍉🍓🥦🍅🌶🍊🥔🍆

• Desire’
    Desire’ Posts: 31 ✭✭

Sounds lovely. I would also like to see your rainbow in bloom. I'm planting catnip for the first time. Its supposed to help you wind down for bed or make you calm.

• ines871

Thank you for encouraging re these darn (lol) computers. But I have come a long ways, as years ago I was an admin. in my own 'Abundant life' forum. Lots of fun while it lasted. Too thank you both Jimerson & Ruth for the invite. - Hesitate because for 1. including many photos in the book I'm continuing to write... & once shared on the www who knows how my photos will be used by others. - And too my original 'mostly ornamental' rainbow is kind of Off-topic for this HERBAL-healing rainbow, yes ? - See, because I have oodles of fun-loving passions, I tend in forums to 'wander... off-topic'. Don't get me started. I'm trying diligently to stay good LOL

1st. r-a-i-n-b-o-w being 55feet or so across, my best friend-photographer... had to split it in half, to see plants well. Okay, I will share just a little taste. The 1st. picture was to prove that by serenading our plant-friends with sweet songs, & encouragingly chatting with them as they dance for joy... getting baptized, - that they will grace you with more 100's of Blooms than you ever thought possible:

This above mini-carnation in the midst of the REDs was truthfully just one single plant. Stopped counting after 280 blooms LOL

and

the 2nd. photo I organized for an "Organic Abundance" class I volunteered & taught at church, & at library. Students guessed how many goodies from my 4 gardens they can Identify...

Enjoy !

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,617 admin

mmm, that is making me hungry.

• ines871

Every time I share this photo with friends in email(s), they all say the same thing as you 😀 Marjory, & why you got repped with the LOL

Would you like me to start yet another discussion... ? to share some further Yummies I've encouraged in gardens; oh you know: Cherry-tomatoes that grew unto the roof, & 8 ft. tall Sunflowers, & cucumbers flourishing in a mere inch of soil, & Berries, oh don't get me started about the BERRIES, lol

• H_D
    H_D Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

I always tell my clients to "eat the rainbow" this is what I mean!

Happy Healing

Heather

• MissPatricia
    MissPatricia Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

I want to see the rainbow garden, please. Your post was very interesting. I am not sure who wrote that post. I do love to have flowers in all colors. I concentrate more on my fruits and vegetables as I am trying to improve my health by growing all sorts organically.

• ines871

Hi Ruth, Jim, Desiree, & Patricia ~ thank you.

As far as "not sure who wrote" this discussion, I did. Well, God played the part of Inspiring & Encouraging me to do it.

For security reasons, as well as the fact that different flowers bloom in different seasons instead of All at once, I will share the plants one at a time. Also you will see the original 6 circles interspersed with 6 wooden boxes painted a Sky-blue, to lend the idea where the rainbow normally is seen. Then you can Envision the 55+ foot r-a-i-n-b-o-w placed in a half-circle in Red+salmon+orange+yellow+White+green+sky-blue+royal-blue+purple+Lavender...

Now there is no white in God's RAINBOW, for obvious reasons: He does not want Attention drawn to Himself. - Yet the color White to many people reminds them of Purity & Perfection, right? - so in my rainbow the very middle of it, & a bit set back & taller than the other flowering plants is the WHITE. Why? - I made a sign with this written on it: John 3:16 For God so LOVED the world... See, as my rainbow is displayed across the Front, it is seen by all who walk by. - And on several days, people have remarked "every thing you do has a deeper meaning. Thank you". - I use this & our other gardening rainbows to share with people How richly Blessed we all are...

As it is not obvious from this photo: this red SUNBLAZE rose was a mere 18 inch tall bush, that yet in a 6 month timeframe blessed the world with no less 42+ buds in succession, & from every angle you admired it. Such Faithfulness... Enjoy

• ines871

As the red section grew, a yet taller rose kept the 1st. above rose bush company...

Its center was so dark it looked almost black: Most of the rosebushes have been moved sev. x, as some I gave as Bd. presents 🙂

• ines871

Closest to the street, up front were planted several delightful HEUCHERAS: some call them Coral Bells. The primary appeal of coral bells is its foliage, with colors the full range, except no blue. Even more than the fact that half the Heuchera varieties sport different color leaves on the same plant, & even speckled, or striped, is their amazing ability to retain their leaves about year-round. And while some definitely only tolerate shade, my 4 varieties thrive in the full-sun rainbow just fine.

Heuchera have small bunches of flowers that grow on a long stalk, or thyrse. These flowers are delicate and lovely and add a nice accent to the plant. But unfortunately they are by most people considered insignificant in comparison to the foliage... But not the 4 outstanding Heucheras I carefully chose for my rainbow, like these

Ruby Bells' green foliage, but gets its showy name from the deep red flowers that decorate the plant when in bloom in late Spring into summer.

Not enough good describes them: Most Heuchera will grow in USDA hardiness Zones 4 - 9, loving it best in zone 7 (we are in 8A), yet some are capable of growing as far north as zone 3, or as far south as zone 11.

• ines871

As the rainbow progresses into the next shade you see the 'Candy-Cane Cocktail' rose

Every flower is differently shaded from any of the others. you want this kind of Diversity... wait,

• ines871
    edited June 2019

One of the above, up close:

Honestly, isn't this one of the Loveliest rose blooms you have ever seen ?

Too pretty to eat;- and yet Rose-petals are edible. Every variety of rose is edible, and each one offers a uniquely sweet and floral flavor. We've enjoyed them in our scrumptious Veggie salads...

Just you wait until you see the rest .... 🙂

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,617 admin

stunning photos!

• ines871

True Marjory, each of my hundreds of photos is "stunning", imo. -- And the Credit is not mine, but belongs to one of my best friends Janice. - She takes great care to get the right angle & details adding to my stories. Janice is just such a God-sent 🙂 ! -

And I am glad you too enjoy the photos of my garden(s), Marjory. Thank you for this place you have created here...

• Grammyprepper
    Grammyprepper Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

Absolutely beautiful, @ines871 !

• work
    work Posts: 24 ✭✭✭

Glad you like it too 🙂 Grammy, so - it is working again? - When I tried to post 2 pictures, the message said it was 1000's of characters too long. Let's see if this works, the most left of the rainbow:

Embarrassed by the horrid looking ground, that has only partly been lasagne(d) a labor-of-Love in progress... for 6 years. - This photo was taken a few years ago, & changes have been made due to some plants died; while others were given as presents... The tiny ground-huggers trying to blanket the foreground are Alpine strawberries, that tho while tiny make up with their delicious taste. - Can you tell a slight succession of colors. It's getting better all the time 🙂

• ines871

Hi @Marjory Wildcraft - You know when I had all that trouble, you & Grammy, & me asked for help... And since Jimerson eventually asked in that thread "What do you want your name Upgraded to?", - a week later discovered that I can do it myself, & he never answered. So all this to say: Please allow that (asigned ines871) to keep my chosen name of @rainbow. Thank you much Marjory .

• ines871

okay Thanks for your patience, & onward with the rainbow... next up Lantanas

Lantanas are dainty & soo pretty. - Unfortunately they did not over-winter, & thus were replaced with others that either also did not, or they did & some passing soul hinted "I wish I could have flowers like .... ", - & I would grace them with the plant they pointed at, lol

• ines871

Most likely you can see that the previous photo came from amidst all of these Lantanas.... - we tend to think that Bigger is better.

But as we also know from our beneficial Herbs.... the truth is TINY is often even better 🙂

• ines871
    edited June 2019

oh Boy, I have to Transplant.. over 8 that are totally OUT of the right order, like for example

these gorgeous HUGE PINK lilies. I kid you not, each stem at the base is now 3 inches around. Makes it a TREE, right - lol

Originally there were just two in 2016, which multiplied, & now I need to Transplant no less four of these Lilies which won a Blue ribbon. That are also now almost five feet tall. In this 7-7-17 photo can also be seen correctly-placed Crocosmia, Pansies, Geraniums, etc.

• ines871

in case you wonder Why I would plant Flowers of the wrong color-sequence, in my RAINBOW... well, when people gift or sell some Claiming it is "just the color you want" - only for it to be NOT when they actually bloom, that is how it happens. -

Also I was not able to Edit the previous PINK LILY "tree" (lol) post, so allow me to add that the original two Lilies started with 7 blooms on each stem, and each bloom is wider than my face , for real. - Now that they have doubled, & grown to almost FIVE FEET tall, each bulb on six levels, altogether sports EIGHTEEN lillies. - It is hard to believe !, and you need to just stand in Front of it all to be mesmerized & transfixed by such of God's eternal beauty...

• ines871

As you know the normal color progression is like yellow~orange~salmon~pink~red: Aim/intent as next 2 photos show

The pink lilies seen both -- before in Full bloom during July, & below as grow ever taller each Spring

will stop birthing anymore babies, there lol - Hey, does anyone here want 1 of these beautiful Lilies ? - Also have over 4 Yellow Day-lilies & other seeds for more Rainbow-flowers if you would like some in your garden. just speak up, I will gladly share with you 🙂

• ines871

a friend has been sick this week, so I made nourishing foods & cleaned the apt & also gave the 1st. opened pink Lily you saw above, resulting in a big smile....

Next in the rainbow were these (necessarily-staked) Dahlias

Keeping them company are also Crocosmia & zinnias & Marigolds - Friends are amazed that the Rainbow-flowers manage to thrive in the same few inches of compost that the Veggie-garden also succeeds in as I showed in this discussion Adventures in High Performance Gardening 1. Am convinced garden-success is a combination of God's Grace+my love+home-made compost+especially the compost tea.... plants flourish in this tea

• ines871

into August the Dahlias looked like this

• ines871

You know there are many varieties of Dahlias (tiny, all the way to dinner-plate kinds) Close by were these

aka 'cactus'- type. - by 2016, about 10 friends kept egging me on to Exhibit at the Wa-state Fair, but I had never done anything like that in my life, so I said no, No, NO for years. Finally they won me over.. - Sure since I had no clue, flowers like the 1 on the right here could not be entered because already too open during Fair-time. Exhibitions have Alot of rules, Rules, & more RULES, that seem really intimidating. I kept asking "Please don't laugh at me, I'm just a little child of God, who dearly loves... Nature. If you don't approve of my plants & flowers, No need to even judge them. Simply give them back to me." - I was shaking the whole three weeks that year. - And yet on 1st. try the Dahlia you see on the left here, won !

Honestly It won a Blue 🙂 ribbon. Totally Amazed !, I dared to ask one judge Why? - she said, "I've been judging for decades, & there are quite a few distinct qualities... that each plant, &/or flower, plus the Presentation thereof must meet to be considered for any of 6 levels of competition. And your Dahlia here merits the Blue ribbon it was awarded. Good job! From your other entries it is obvious you truly love the plants in your care. Keep going!!" - Humbly I cried happy tears.

In whatever garden(s) I AM in 1 of my several 🙂 Happy places. For one thing plants Never judge, let alone 'mis-judge'.

Plants just simply Appreciate whatever care & loving encouragement given. - Really, we too are plants, & we can bloom... where we are planted when also given loving encouragement. - Flowering plants... shared here in this discussion, Enjoy...

• ines871
    edited July 2019

Sometime soon you will have seen just the left 1/2.... of my solely-Floral rainbow. Yet for now here is

the Gold, actually named "Gold Medal" rose, & at one Olympics the winners were given a bouquet of Gold roses.

Honestly, it looks a bit darker, more like Gold does, on the bush. - It's easier to tell it apart from other roses

colored variously Salmon, Orange, Gold, & Yellow. - As they kiss us with their last Good-bye, often colors fade to various shades of Cream as

you can see on this low/MINI beautiful Gold bush

• ines871

oh the Yellows... You'd think during summer season I'd have "SUNflowers", apropo in a rainbow. - Yes sunflowers, but not there; here:

What is she doing on that step-stool? - Giving them a face-to-face Pep-talk... to "grow yet taller", LOL Yes, the packet said "over 10 feet", so they had some more to go. But they whined 'my head is soo heavy with seeds already'. - oh Goody! lol

• ines871

wanna see another Sunflower? - aww, it was left on the shadier East-side, & so determined to get More sun... until it managed to crane... its back, around the house-corner. I did make sure it had a 'dinner-plate Dahlia' as a companion with some little buddies underneath, all right next to 2, of the 6-8 watering holes.

And the best part: this photo was taken in November no less 🙂 Many flowers & foods blessed us in late Autumn & even on my birthday, I was so thankfully happy...