continuing Rainbows

Comments

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ruth Reyes-Loiacano & @Desire’ & @MissPatricia & @Jimerson : all 1st. clamored to see the rainbow. got a bit Side-tracked here, lol

Yellow African Daisies & baby rose were so joyfully... introducing this pure LILY having the honor of introducing the coming... (white-Center)

in case anybody new wonders what is WHITE doing in a rainbow: review post#9. ---

• ines871

Herewith the HONOR-rose...

in this photo taken 2018 summer, you can not know, how truthfully Huge are these otherworldly... blooms.

What a perfect plant to Remind... us all of God's LOVE for us all...

Can hardly wait for friend @Grammyprepper to return here as she loves my r~a~i~n~B~o~w, as does @Marjory Wildcraft

• Ruth Ann Reyes
    Ruth Ann Reyes Posts: 577 admin

Gorgeous!

• ines871
    edited August 2019

Thank you @Ruth Reyes-Loiacano . going down memory-lane, another purpose of photos: they help us Appreciate how far our various projects evolved, from the below truly humble beginnings a few years ago

(dimensions 789x408 pixels)

Tho from helpful Herbal posts others shared here, am going to start interspersing more Herbs into the rainbow as I think Herbs are a better use of this 55 foot space.

• ines871
    edited August 2019

For now the Right-half of the original Floral rainbow in Green+Babyblue+Skyblue+royalBlue+lightest purple i can find+ at last Lavender: another favorite color.

Heavenly-blue Plumbago bush - 4 ft tall by 3 ft around for reference. Just covered in these about 1 inch Lovelies...

(dimensions 437x268 pixels)

• ines871
    edited September 2019

already 2 weeks since Added some more Blues... these Agapanthus bloomed around 6-24 to 8-24-16

They are aka 'Nile Love Lily', & some are shorter as you can see, than the 44 inch tall 6 Agapanthus. They prefer to grow tightly packed together, & when given too much water, leaves turn yellow. - Kinda hard to tell just how beautiful... is each about 1 inch flower of which the tallest make about 100 ! Lillies on each stem. Enjoy 🙂

(dimensions 420x717pixels)

• ines871

goody, found a photo of the Agapanthus Up close & personal

Go ahead, you can say You have 'never seen 40 to 80 tiny Lilies on a single stem'. is this a Marvel... or what !

(photo dimension 555x545)

• ines871
    edited September 2019

Surely there's smaller Flowers too? - Yes, these pretty Pansies danced in 2018 Spring...

On the right (not quite yet in the right Color sequence), are few of the 44 Spring-Hyacinths, Jonquils, Tulips, etc.

And while these bulbs merrily... do their thing just in Spring, - yet after summer's heat, the Pansies RISE yet again to continue spreading Good Cheer to all who pass by & stop, to be delighted... in fact

they are Closely inspected to Choose the best... to earn more Blues at the Fall State Fair

The little ceramic dish in the middle of the pansies is for any birdies to enjoy a drink... 🙂

• ines871

These "Lithodora diffusa Grace Ward" are much ! tinier, than the above Blue pansies, that most no not notice.

But every bit as HEAVENly to me as well as any other true Nature lover... I can sit & admire them for a long time.

When you are stressed, & need a moment to Relax ... Feel Free... to come & be rejuvenated by my "Floral Rainbow" here...

• ines871

True, I have a vibrant & True-blue section in my rainbow. Why?

Well, I learned the color blue is used in bedrooms often as Calming + Soothing... & as this photo shows

(particularly while healing fractures), I spend considerable time, being calmed & soothed in my rainbow. And Thank Jesus daily for such beautiful 🙂 'therapy'

• ines871

The above plant was a feathery Delphinium, so mesmerizing as you can tell, LOL

And another BLUE I dearly love is the Salvia patens "Blue Angel"

Truth be told, when plants are not blooming, I come look at their photos. How stunning... is this Blue. Agreed ?

• Grammyprepper
    Grammyprepper Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

So pretty!

• one.ette
    one.ette Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

You have some beautiful flowers there!❤

• ines871
    edited October 2019

Aawww, sorry that 2 weeks ago, I missed your glad Approval @one.ette - Can I make it up to you? 🙂

Too do you cherish a Favorite color? - Right about now we need to move on into some deepest-blues, &

wonder where Violet photos hiding... now hibernating; getting Ready 4 Spring 🤩

Funny, generally Shy-away from dark colors such as purples; but Feast your eyes on THIS

None other than the "Forever Purple Heuchera". True, it remains this outstanding Purple in every season, & in Spring/summer it presents these tiny yet so Lovely... flowers, on thin yet strong+long stems. - The moment I saw it as a tiny 8-leaved baby, it was Immediately Accepted into The Rainbow... where it has thrived for 4 years. Enjoy !

• one.ette
    edited October 2019

@rainbow 😊 I love the beauty of the rainbow! I love 💜 your purple! And speaking of purple...

Today I saw this

I love all colors... I just can't choose one! Lol

Listening to wonderful rain hitting my window with occasional thunder and lightning.

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭

@rainbow I planted red and yellow tomatoes and green herbs; thyme (1tsp for an anti-inflammatory with ginger, turmeric and cinnamon), sage, oregano and rosemary (For stuffy noses, eat one inch raw and swallow it), Calendula (Flowers made food tart tea to sip.) getting outside absorbing the sun.

• ines871
    edited October 2019

Sigh, I responded three x, but each one Disappeared. - Let's try this a 4th. time. THANK you @one.ette for gracing my FLORAL rainbow, with your own Additions; are they BeeBalm ? or Lavender ? - Hey, don't laugh at ignorance. Did you know that about 391,000 species of vascular plants currently known to science, of which about 369,000 species (or 94%) are flowering plants, according to a report by the Royal Botanic Gardens, in the United Kingdom.

How about some more fine specimen: the "Whodunit" dahlias:

• one.ette

@rainbow Oooooo! I love those! 💜💜💜

Sadly, I don't know the names of any of them. I've never even seen the purple ones before. I needed to be outside today and spent some time at the nature preserve close to my home and saw these and thought they were fascinating.

And I think our creator is amazing!..."391,000 species of vascular plants currently known to science, of which about 369,000 species (or 94%) are flowering plants" truly amazing!

• ines871

Hi @teachercaryn - Please enjoy a Relaxing...Leisurely stroll :) thru this my FLORAL-rainbow starting with post #1 in this Happy parade... You will Enjoy... the Reds, followed by a few pink, next Salmon-colored flowers, & Orange, & Yellows, & (even the HUGEst Most Magnificent WHITE rose in the very Heart of this my continuing Rainbow). To the Right of the rose are Varigated/decorative Greens, followed by the Blue-section (Baby-blue, & Sky-blue, & Royal-blue), & now we kinda finished the Purple, & starting my Favorite color at the end of any Rainbow anywhere: the Lavenders...

SEE the Award-winning >>>> heavenly Fragrant " AngelFace " rose

• ines871

Hi Rainbow, it's been over two weeks would you like to share some more of your Lovely Lavender (s)... or

How about letting the Award-winning Hydrangea also have a turn

June 2016 - Selections have gone to Fair 3x now, & every year won another Blue ribbon. - soo Beautiful they all are.

• ines871

Thank you @Grammyprepper for continuing to Enjoy this Wonderful Floral Rainbow... And Three years ago, this was one of the above Hydrangea Close-ups, no less the last week in October, just Opening :

and after the continuing Lovely Lavenders, - will come the equally Decorative Winter-plants as this season seems to sadly Already have started this month here. -

• ines871

What a difference just a month makes, as here is the same Hydrangea, this time in 2016 &

in November 🤗

• Grammyprepper
    Grammyprepper Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

We need to figure out a way to make this a slideshow, to show the progression of the colors...

• ines871

Hi @Grammyprepper - Beyond me not knowing how to "make a Slide-show", I have not yet shown 1/400 (lol) of all my photos, aside which (with rare exceptions) the photos were not taken to show a 'succession of Seasonal... blooms of each one plant'.

My best friend Janice (ever willing to positively Encourage... just like you 🙂 anyone) would come over whenever Flowers & Veggies & Fruits were most spectacular to capture their Alive/growing beauty & bounty. - can hardly wait until (from Chile) she returns in winter of 2020. I miss their wonderful family soooo much.

In the meantime, how about this "Intrique" ROSE of 4 various shades incldg. purple+Lavender

sported 10+ blooms, on just that 1 single stem in Aug 2017. is this Exceptional, or what ?

• ines871

After 4 were cut for another friend's Birthday bouquet 2 yrs. ago, the rest of 7 "Intrique" roses are easier seen

• ines871

To Right of above 'Intrique' rose, was this magnificent ! 'Orchid Romance' last year

in shades of Red+Fuschia+white flecks+Purple+Lavender .

Original photo has 8 blooms, (but 4+ 🙂 Mb, so made it 9/10 smaller for the rules.)

in top Center, you can see the top of a lovely Lavender Delphinium

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rainbow Your plants are beautiful and SOOO healthy looking.

• dimck421
    dimck421 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭

@rainbow Thank you for sharing. God and you gave me a big smile.

• ines871

so true God is the best at making us each smile ? Glad you can smile anytime visiting this Floral rainbow. And dimck421 here is another 1

Apology re distractions in some photos, yet you can see dozens plants actually grow here. The Lavender geranium in the last blue 'cloud' lol on the Right was just 1 plant again, & I loved it soo much. The Salvia patens "Blue Angel" in the left circle I showed before, had to shorten this photo too for size, as its blossoms reached over 3 feet. ~ Continue enjoying these wonders as do we ?

• ines871

Well, " Beautiful & Healthy " is like the expectation Spring, thru Autumn most years. - And yet what about during winter's wet & cold ? We would not then expect much of any beauty? - True, Flowering plants are then fewer but no less beautiful in their own way, as you will soon see ? @shllnzl

How about a panoramic scene: last day of Spring 2018 & already soo many Inspiring blooms... Enjoy