continuing Rainbows

13»

Comments

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh boy, hopefully visitors did not get worn out looking at all these 6+ LAVender flowerers, lol

Well, now you have witnessed like not quite half of the plants in this continuing rainbow... so what's next?

Would you believe ? some plants that yet Shine forth even in Nov+Dec. to bring us Good Cheer... oh

Nothin' like SINGin' the Blues : Pansies & even dainty Lobelia, etc grace us in PNW with their undying faith...

• dimck421
    dimck421 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭

@rainbow I took a slow stroll through your photographs, again. How very delightful! Thank you for sharing your rainbow with us.

• ines871
    edited November 2019

@dimck421 - Thank you for your continual kind words . Honestly, mainly dear @Grammyprepper , & too @shllnzl sometimes & maybe up to 5 others post in this little Parading... RAINBOW & I am Truthful when I say I come here to this tiny spot on the internet, & its BEAUTY is Intended to lift us all.

Now with Winter coming have for now fewer photos, I'm sorry, but the few I have now are Beautiful still, and (no matter what else goes wrong in an ever darker world), - coming here with my Sweet memories I draw strength... from what I was Inspired to create, & Too here this happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry74FYDg1I0 . The plants we love & cherish can & do as well Raise us UP = How ? - during 2014 the "book" family & friends kept asking me to at last write, was being worked on in earnest, so

The rainbow has gone thru various Developmental stages as well, as at 1st. I intended a Double rainbow, but not like they usually appear. Mine started in the shape of a HUGE Question mark, lol ?

• ines871

3 yrs ago today (11/18/16) this is what the 55+ft. rainbow looked like on N. side of house:

in left 2nd. blue cloud "Gailardia Arizona Sun", & Mums r next big Yellow, & the Dahlias are hanging on. They're trying so hard not to say Good-bye, in the 6th. blue 'cloud' on the right. part of my Lavenders...

Enjoy ! 🙂

• ines871

it's another month before officially Winter starts, tho this Thanksgiving week into the 20's here for like 4 nights. Br!!! (am envious of you fortunate people with heated house). - So will share what the rainbow looks like during winter... (some other surprises), yet mainly pretty Decorative cabbages & (like this red/pink) kales :

• ines871

Today is another Thanksgiving day which hopefully every 1 in TGN enjoyed. ~ In our celebration... I shared in Thanksgiving Blessings I was presented a Centerpiece: a 10" carved pumpkin holding 2 each of orange+Yellow Gerbera daisies + 4 mini Chrysanthemum bunches + countless Chamomile flowers & other lacy flowers, all protected by Evergreen bows. Here's just 1 Gerbera daisy of mine earlier this year

Maybe someone at work tomorrow will get a photo of this wonderful Centerpiece so you can see too. Happy Thanksgiving every one 🙂

• ines871

This in 2016, is 1 of the prettiest/Lavender decorative cabbages in my winter Rainbow...

• ines871

The two decorative Cabbage & Kale shown above stay this Lovely throughout the winter.

Yet am told they are too hard to eat. - Well, IF we ate them, they would not be beautifying the Rainbow anymore; so mostly they stay this pretty until nearly the Spring Bulbs grace us with their Cheerfulness...

These are 'winter-Hardy Cyclamen'

As they Hug the earth at about 8 inches, they delight with their faithful... Loveliness

• ines871

white with a pink center was in 2016 the smallest (10 inches across) of the decorative Kales.

This year they are 1 to 2 feet tall.

• Linda Bittle
    Linda Bittle Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's pretty!

• ines871
  • ines871

Have briefly considered parking a little two 🌲to four 🌲foot Christmas tree in front of the White Rose-planter in 🍒 middle of the Rainbow. Would it remain ? to CHEER 🦋 UP the neighborhood...

Dear Janice when you 🍒 both read this I wish you a most Healthy & Happy 📯 Christmas 🎼 my friends... 🌿

The garden 🥦 can hardly wait for your 🏵️ return in February ⏳️ 2021 🦋 Love you 🧡

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Miss @rainbow I have been admiring your flowers for some time but could not contribute any photos from this house.

It occurs to me that I had lots of flower photos from my other house that I can share!

• ines871

Hey @shllnzl - what a beautiful "White Cactus flower" is it? - Thank you.

And just so you know, it never occurred to me to have other people add their flowering plants here. I started this discussion in May for several reasons: 1. as a Happy memory of any plants that either died, or I gave as presents..., & two to share with the world that no matter what painful nasties it puts me through, that yet my good friend Janice (the additionally excellent Photographer) & me would share a bright little Rainbow, in the fashion of the song "Somewhere over the rainbow, there you will find me" (watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xctzp0dp9uc . it gets better as they all JOIN in... And also I was new in this group & know from experience posting elsewhere that most gardeners don't have a Flowering... rainbow, & I dearly LOVE being creative & share my love with others... "Each day is Special when we make it that way"

All this to say that Anytime... anyone enjoys seeing Flowers here, especially in winter when there are so few, Please add a little Cheerful Note. It will mean so much, & thank you. And Merry... Christmas to everyone... 🙂

• ines871

Attempted 4 times to make this photo smaller to fit it into the rules here, until now you must use your imagination to see it completed on the left & the right. Please excuse its size & let it stay

middle above a Heuchera, encircled about by Lacey winter beauty on many a Christmas day

• ines871

Other Winter blossoms include the perennial Hellebores USDA Hardiness Zones 6–9). Their common name is Lenten rose because they bloom around the beginning of Lent., that in the right conditions can outlive us humans, & will Cheer you up in winter, see https://www.finegardening.com/article/hellebores-cure-the-late-winter-blues

Here, with the 1st snow in January 2017 was my first try... a Pure white

• blevinandwomba
    blevinandwomba Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, @rainbow , I've seen decorative cabbage/kale before, but never like the one in the middle in that last photo. So Pretty!

• ines871

So six days of Snow were for our PNW forecast, but only couple inches actually fell last night. - Forgot to mention the Hellebore I shared last week is named "Jonas". And yes, the petals are pure white but not the middle, it's kinda lemony.

Here's a better view

a bit tattered at the edges, yet come what may, they LIVE.... Great example of Endurance... 🙂

• ines871

Sometimes in life, (just like other planted beings) we too may be 'tattered & torn'. - Yet unlike beloved flowers, we have Choice, to move... & Adapt more easily. -

How encouraged can we be Finding these pretty "Clear Blue" pansies in the garden no less Cheering us on in the depth of winter...

• ines871

Glad you like it @blevinandwomba

What do you think ? of the Winter-hardy Cyclamen below

First time, I thought there's only 1 kind like I had in my Window-boxes below...

on same side as the Rainbow. -

But I found out when they died that both Winter, plus Summer-kind :) exists. Both varieties look Alot alike.

Pretty either way, do you Agree ?

• blevinandwomba
    blevinandwomba Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, they're both lovely.

• ines871

Wow, have not shared in here at all past month. Well, fixing this right now, lol

do you have prolific tiny crocus too?

• ines871

and Galanthus (snowdrop; Greek gála "milk", ánthos "flower") aptly describes the milk-white snowdrop.

Hardy & Faithful... these 4" short little ballet girls, so precious...

• ines871

not enough time yesterday to post what else has been bloomin' in our R~a~i~n~b~ow the past 8 days in only February... "Glory-of-snow" short/dainty, but so Heavenly & Cheerfully blue & Inspiring...