Growing Comfrey for Infusions
Lynn gave me some comfrey plants which I just got into the ground last night (yeah, that I only seem to get around to planting quite late :) )
Comfrey is reputed to be quite aggressive... That was not my experienc in my TX homestead, so let's see what Colorado has to offer 😊
What I'll do is measure the harvest of dry herb to see if I can get an idea of how big o a plot you roulw need to have this invaluable plant for nutritional infusions. I'm pretty sure this plot will not yield a years worth... But it should be a good amount.
Let's see! I'll add to this thread as the season progresses and I have data to share.
Oh! note there is a little Johnny Jump up in the middle there - which might get overgrown by Ms. Comf. Hmm, may have to do some re-planting later of Johnny.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter