Flood and tornado season in the Four-state corner
Down here in Southwest Missouri, a stones throw from Arkansas and Oklahoma, and just a jaunt south of Kansas, it is tornado and flood season. If your buildings are standing and you aren't washed away (Mine are all right today) then you are gifted with a lovely crop of tall lawn grass and garden weeds.
You can also inherit all sorts of seeds from upstream, including invasive species from otherwhere.
So what did I do on the homestead today? I ran the weed eater and pulled weeds. Trimmed on the hedge, and rejoiced at the new peas that are setting on.
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter