What is your favorite can opener?
Earlier this week I was in Buhl Idaho hanging out with Doctor Patirck Jones.
My daughter Kimber wants to become a veternarian. At this news both my husband and I shook our heads - outwardly supporting her - and inwardly bracing ourselves for the cost. Yeah, you can imagine the looks we exchanged behind her back...
To be sure this is something she really wanted to do, Patrick offered to let her come assist in his clinic. So the both of us went. And after several days of the real thing - surgeries, shots, pulling teeth, a jaundiced dog, and euthanizations - Kimber loved it. And if you had to bet on a kid, Kimber has the focus and determination to get through the 8 years of school.
Patrick offered us to stay in his home. And I really wanted to find a good gift to give him in appreciation. In his kitchen, we comiserated over his lack of a good can opener. Patrick resorted to using his pocket knife... With 15 kids (most of them adopted) yes, Patrick does eat some canned food (beans, tuna, olives).
I decided to get Patrick a really good can opener as a gift. But I don't use them that much myself...
SO - do you have a favorite can opener you really, really love? One that makes opening cans easy? Maybe even fun? LOL
Please pop me a link on where to get your favorite.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter