What did you harvest today?
Whoo, hoo this year my garden(s) are going gangbusters! This is just this mornings catch... Salad turnips are really sweet (with a tiny bit of that turnip tang).
But seriously I eat them fresh like an apple.
I just harvested these to take on a trip with me (along with some hard boiled eggs, salad, and other stuff I grow myself). I'll eat the greens fresh today, and for the trip, I'll ziplock up the cleaned and cut roots.
This is 49 ounces of turnips - just over 3 lb. Yeah!!
Gosh, I wish the lighting was better...
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter