We grow food, & make medicine, & build resiliency.
in keeping with Marjorie's vision of 'we grow food, & make medicine, & build resiliency', most people so involved have at least some space, some ground, some yard-age.
Money-wise, who knows how many so-called 'homeOwners' the USA has, versus how many can just rent a much smaller space with maybe not even a porch. Unfortunately increasingly many empoverished people are forced to live out of their vehicle. - Can the latter even grow food, make medicine, & build resiliency? - I think about such matters, do you too?
IF I had unlimited $, I would bless anyone who wants to Homestead a piece of ground to grow food, & make medicine, & build resiliency. Since this is not reality, I simply share such that I have. Do you share your Homegrown foods, & medicine with others freely too?
Beyond trying to set best example possible, have joined groups, & taught various classes. Have you too Noticed that often those with nary a place to garden, do not Attend classes as they think What For? I don't have the means to grow food, make medicine, let alone become resilient. But we each can...for example grow Sprouts & Microgreens
You know this is a really cool class to invite children to as they being 😀 New sprouts themselves naturally easily understand the benefits of Sprouts:
- Rich in protein. On average 40% of calories in sprouts is protein. Low in calories. Along with their rich supply of enzymes the protein is of a superior quality, easy to digest and assimilate by the body. The sprouting process breaks down proteins into their amino acid counterparts, easy for our body to quickly utilize.
- Rich in enzymes. Being raw, sprouts come into our bodies with their own rich supply of enzymes. Highly beneficial for us, as our body does not have to expand its own energy to provide the enzymes and breakdown the food source.
- Rich in living energy. Every living being has a quantifiable energy within them, their “Chi”, “Qi”, life energy or life force. When food sources are “living” (plant foods), as opposed to “dead” (animal foods), they transfer to our bodies their life energy, improving our overall energy levels.
- Rich in minerals. Sprouts contain some of the highest concentrations of major & trace minerals necessary for our bodies to thrive at optimum levels.
- Rich in vitamins. Sprouts contain some of the highest concentrations of vitamins valuable to us for proper health and maintenance of tissues, as well as the healing and prevention of disease.
- Rich in phytonutrients. Being a plant food, and a fully living one at that, sprouts include a rich variety of various phytonutrients. Nutritional science today is discovering how highly protective and healing these compounds are for all acute and chronic conditions, incldg. cancer.
- Alkalizing. The average person is suffering from chronic acidity, resulting in increasing ailments and weight/obesity. Most of our food should come from alkaline forming sources, & sprouts are 1example, because as seeds sprout they become more alkaline.
- Positive cholesterol effects. Sprouts decrease LDL and increase HDL.
- Healthy hair, skin, nails. Due to their high protein, vitamin, and mineral content, sprouts contribute to healthy skin, hair and nails.
- Highly Economical. Seeds are very low cost food sources. When sprouted, they increase in volume and nutrient density, becoming an even more economically sound food choice.
Latest client knew next to nothing about food that is healthy. A year ago. In just 8 months, via example & gentle guidance this person learned
how wonderful... a Garden-salad tastes, & where to buy Organic produce at low cost, & soon is gonna learn how to have Healthy food available year-round, either on the window-sill, or on the porch. Also the YMCA was joined so naturally the aches & pains further leave. - LIFE is looking up 🙂
What are your favorite Sprouts to munch on & benefit from year-round ?