Major Cable Network Casting American Families Building Off-Grid Homes

Hello everyone!

My name is Bryan and I'm working with Sharp Entertainment to cast a new series about adventure loving American families who are interested in building an off-grid home anywhere in the world sometime this year. We're looking for families with one or more teens/tweens (10+) to participate that are ready to take the leap toward an off-grid lifestyle. 

Are you an American family ready to build an off-grid home this year? We're especially interested in island builds or those in far northern/southern climates, but all locations, climates, and build types considered.

To apply, please email names & ages of all family members, contact information, photos, and a brief description of your story to: offgridfamilyliving@gmail.com

Tagged:

Comments

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Wow, interesting.... Brian, you've definitely found a group with aligned ideas.

• Jimerson
    Jimerson Posts: 291 admin

I'm looking forward to watching your series! I sometimes watch vlogger families on youtube who have taken similar leaps. It's fun to watch them go from little to no experience/skills, learning from their mistakes, and ultimately building their dream homestead.

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

@mer4mir hey Merin, let's put this one in the newsletter :)

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sir, you're asking for THIS YEAR , so that eliminates most people right there. - That said, we are definitely moving in this direction, & are just working up the finances... so there will be little/no mortgage. We have the knowledge to build an Off-grid toxic-Free home, & have sewn our own clothes, & have medical experience, plus grown increasingly our own food for decades, etc.

• BryanViper
    BryanViper Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

Yes, the ask is for this year, which does make my job more difficult (to say the least)! This is a search for the proverbial needle in a haystack.

There are some things the networks don't wish to mention publicly (like the entire premise and which 2 networks this is for), but they both put out quality programming and this is a show I would watch. Thank you all for sharing your insights and comments!

• pamelamackenzie
    pamelamackenzie Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

Please post again when this is ready to air with network etc. This sounds like a good show.

• merlin44
    merlin44 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭✭

Oh darn, I don't have a TV.

• tammyrichardsmt9
    tammyrichardsmt9 Posts: 109 ✭✭✭

It sounds like a show I would watch! I don't have anyone to suggest to you though. The friends I have that are interested in living off-grid already do.