Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

Chicken plucker dilemma — The Grow Network Community
Do something - either follow or get out of the way

-Ted turner

Chicken plucker dilemma

John CoxJohn Cox Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

I have been looking for a quality chicken plucker that can be used on a homested. Everything I have seen is too expensive or seems cheaply made. I contacted a manufacturer ( the one that would talk too me is in China) who would build the machine to my specifications. When we both agreed on the chicken plucker the price was set at $175 if I ordered at least ten. I cannot afford ten so I am looking 4 nine other people to place the order with me. The price does not include shipping. If you are interested please email me at [email protected] or [email protected] and I will send you the specifications of the machine. If there are enough to order them, we can discuss all of the details. Thank you all for such a great community and fantastic place to learn.

Tagged:

Comments

• GrammyprepperGrammyprepper Mamaw, retired RN, jack of all trades master of none Zone 5BPosts: 172 ✭✭✭

@John Cox Have you looked into homemade chicken pluckers? There are a ton of ideas out there, and would likely be cheaper than what you are looking at cost wise.

But if you are set on your idea, I hope you can find the group buyers you need, this is certainly the forum for it!

Good luck!

• John CoxJohn Cox Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

@Grammyprepper I have built and used diy pluckers. I butcher a lot of chickens. I tried a commercial plucker and the ease of use with the quality result sent me searching.

• EarlKellyEarlKelly Penn state master gardener Northeastern Pennsylvania zone 5bPosts: 235 ✭✭✭

Lots of good ideas on you tube for building your own. They work great too. Keep us posted on how you make out.

• Chris A.Chris A. Posts: 27 ✭✭✭

Years ago I paid 20.00 for plans for a DIY chicken plucker. Worked awesome ... did 200 chickens in two days. Was able to use parts around the farm to put it together ... the only thing I had to order was the rubber "pluckers". There is something to be said for home "made" when you have the ability to do it. Good luck in whichever way you decide to go!

• nksunshine27nksunshine27 IdahoPosts: 267 ✭✭✭

if your doing it to sell then its worth looking into a chicken plucker but i just skin mine and saves me time i dont miss the skin at all