Native Semihumid tropical plants grown in Temporate climate ?
The usual gardeners always Stick with what grows in their 'climate', end of story. - Then again some of us are explorers... venturing forth even in a Temporate climate, wondering about native Semihumid tropical plants, aka Cold hardy tropical plants.
Since in 2016 succeeded with several African flowers like the gorgeous Agapanthus (Nile blue love lily) 3+ ft. tall in my rainbow:
a few years ago, I also succeeded in sprouting a Haas avocado. Tenderly nurturing the cute little tree, it did grow into a over two-foot tree. - (Alas neighbor with a greenHouse that we can't afford yet, offered I will help it grow, only to then totally neglect it & so it died), along with a bit more faith in humanity.
What Cold hardy plants have you too tried growing in a Temporate climate? - & dare we ask also harvested?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter