How has growing your own food improved your health?
We have so many great stories from folks about how growing their own food healed them.
For me, I got completely free of very severe allergies. Seriously, I couldn't breathe through my nose for two to three months of the year. And then the add-on sinus infections, bronchitus, etc. I was in a real daze and I'm not sure how I functioned. A big chunk of each year was just wasted in misery. It was really, really bad. I'm so happy to be healed and I know it is because of whole foods that I grow myself.
I also have amazing cold and heat tolerance. I grew up in Florida and always cold sensitive. I thought 72 degrees was COLD. I would be reaching for a jacket... Now, I am very comfortable in bare feet in the 40's.
I've talked with some of our community members and people have reversed serious, serious things like cancer, diabetes, heart disease.... I'm curious - what's your story?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter