How about everyone posting where they are from?

13»

Comments

• greyfurball
    greyfurball Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭

Everyone, do you know you can post your location on your profile page and then every time you start a new discussion that information is shown right on the header/title line of your post.

It's easy to get the info on your profile. At the top right of the page there is what looks like a curled upside down ribbon. Click on that, when the options come up just choose edit profile, click on that, and then you can choose what information you wish to show on your account.

I also am one who likes to know where everyone is from when they make comments so I can decide knowing where they live if I can implement that in my area also. It makes it so much easier to know if we know what climate you are coming from so we know if we need to make changes or just implement your suggestion as it is written.

• Hassena
    Hassena Posts: 345 ✭✭✭
    Post where you are located

G'Day we moved from a growing zone of 13(Phoenix, Az) to a 7b-ish in Western North Carolina. Love the Appalachian Mountains. Totally different place and world out here :)

• gardneto76
    gardneto76 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭

@greyfurball I tried your suggestion. For some reason it says I am not allowed to make that change to my location.

• greyfurball
    greyfurball Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭

@gardneto76 I see what you mean. I just went there also and got the popup you mentioned.

First though, make sure you went to the edit profile not the view profile tab. You won't be ab;e to get to make changes on view profile. Then if that wasn't what made it come up, I'd wait a few days and try again. When I did it It went right thru immediately and logged the change. Maybe for now there is some kink in the system they are working on and it's making "nuisance symptoms" to come up.

• judsoncarroll4
    judsoncarroll4 Posts: 5,490 admin

I'm from the Appalachian mountains of NC... moving across the line into TN soon for more freedom, fewer regulations and lower taxes.

• andrea745
    andrea745 Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

Well I live in Florida where it is really hot and humid. I spent years in God's country-- central Virginia, but my mom got sick with Alzheimers so we came here to help her. Now we are staying while my husband continues to earn a good living. I teach yoga, coach health and learn about healing so that is why I am here. I was an Environmental Activist as a young woman but in my older years decided to stop battling so many selfish people on behalf of mother earth because it was making me sick with worry. These days I just try to energetically affect these larger issues. Now I keep myself and others who want my help as healthy and clean as I can working in concert with our beautiful planet. X0X0

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

@Foodgardenguy @Alison @Sheila @sarah121

If you havent already, please introduce yourselves in the appropriate new subcategories (by continent) under Introductions, you might be able to connect with those nearby a bit easier. ;)

Thanks!

• Foodgardenguy
    Foodgardenguy Posts: 106 ✭✭✭
    Post where you are located

Yes...southern Ontario, near London.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

A new thread for posting US introductions will be made available to our members. Stay tuned!

This discussion has been closed.