A pleasantly surprising (and pain saving..) use I found for CBD Freeze Roll-on (Hint: ☀️☀️☀️)

I want to share my story of triumph over agony!

So I was kind of an idiot a couple weeks ago and let myself get a terrible sunburn. One that you wake up from two days later in excruciating, non-stop tingling pain. It was all over my neck, back, and chest.

I tried EVERYTHING. I tried the natural remedies. I was desperate enough and even tried the store-bought remedies. Nothing even phased the pain. No exaggeration here, it may have been the worst I've ever felt.

I saw the CBD Freeze on my bathroom counter and on a whim tried it on a section of my back.. just to test. After a couple minutes I felt a very warm, almost painless burning sensation on the area it was applied. That faded into a nice coolness. I immediately applied the rollon to the rest of my burn and was able to find comfort until the burn healed naturally over the next couple of days.

I don't believe in panaceas, but dang if that cbd freeze isn't close to becoming one for me. 😉

-----

I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct category! I guess I should add a disclaimer since I am not a medical professional. Try this at your own risk? blah blah blah. Or better yet, don't be an idiot like me and just avoid getting burnt in the first place. 😅

Comments

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

I believe medicinal cannabis and all its derivatives should become a staple of the human diet etc. One of the most amazing plants on this planet. Sadly it is still illegal in Australia for medicinal/ recreational purposes but hopefully our Govt will wake up shortly to improve all our lives. So glad to hear it helped your sunburn and it probably also helped you out with no skin cancers in the future!

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Hey @Jimerson re "I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct category!

I guess I should add a disclaimer since I am not a medical professional. Try this at your own risk? blah blah blah. Or better yet, don't be an idiot like me and just avoid getting burnt in the first place. 😅 "

Idiocy is not always the cause. -- My 1st. year in the US as pretty much still a child, & family lived just down the road from the Gulf of Mexico, they decided to have me "experience the ocean..." my 1st. time. They kept me busy out there IN the water during the HEAT of the day for 7 hours, & once home I could not sit or lie in bed for five days afterwards. Mom's response was, I kid you not: "Not bad enough, gotta find a better way to ..." Understandably I was horrified/terrified.

Here a comprehensive 50, yes FIFTY Home remedies after sunBurns, incldg. how to lessen pain & prevent infections https://tipnut.com/sunburn-relief-home-remedies-over-50-soothing-treatments/

heck, you are an Admin, so post it where you want 😀 & Glad hearing that you found something right at home as in "home Medicine" to help you heal.

• VickiP
    VickiP Posts: 586 ✭✭✭✭

One time my husband and I were at the creek and a family went canoeing past us, they were all badly burned. My husband asked the little boy if he was having a good time, he looked at his very red father and said "well...we're trying."

• Jimerson
    Jimerson Posts: 291 admin

I am cracking up right now! I can picture this so vividly in my mind.

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even had I not had the Unfortunate experience of being badly burned, my very 1st. thought would have been "is there anything I can do to help ? " Seeing people hurt, or suffering - my 1st. inclination is to want to help... in any way I can.

@Jimerson - Please explain that "cracking up right now". Surely I misunderstood ?

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

@Jimerson like the cbd story. But I have not tried it, though I have poured vinegar (without rinsing it off nor drying it) on sunburns and it reduces the side affects of the burn so one can sleep peacefully and no itching and less skin peeling. Also, how do you know which cbd to use? I mean, there are many to choose from.