What are you preserving this harvest season?
One of the things I find most exciting about the harvest season is the ability to put food up for the leaner months when I'm not growing much of anything (I always have some kitchen herbs, but that's it!)
Last night I canned 5 jars of tomatillo salsa, which we love for tacos at my house, and tonight I will be doing the last couple jars of dilly beans, which I love year round! I also have the dehydrator going right now full of celery, which I bag up and then use for flavoring stocks and soups all winter.
What are you preserving this week for eating later?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 518 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter