Everyone loves pizza right! So versatile, great way to use up produce from the garden or clean out the fridge and you can be as imaginative as you like. Got a favorite pizza dough recipe? This is mine.
2 teaspoons dry yeast, 2 tablespoons honey, 1cup warm water, 21/2 to 3 cups plain flour, 2 tablespoons olive oil and a good pinch salt.
Combine yeast, honey and warm water. Leave for couple mins let it get frothy. Then add flour, leave say 1/2 cup flour until the mix comes together, then add if necessary. Then add oil and salt. Should come together in a big mass. Flour work space, give it a quick knead. Roll out into sausage, cut into 4/5 sections. You can freeze what you don't use. If you let this mixture sit in a warm spot for 30 mins or so, then cut in 1/2 you have 2 foccacias ready to bake. Just knead, shape and sprinkle herbs and salt or olives etc. A great easy, quick versatile recipe.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter