Geese - They are a Problem.....
Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping geese out without having to use dangerous chemicals, even those that say it's just bad for the goose, but won't affect any other animal because I do struggle to believe that. Gross as it is, my dog tends to clean up after them (i.e. eat their waste) because she's gross like that. Nonetheless, the area is large. I have a 4 acre pond and property that surrounds that, so it's a great gathering place for them. This is an area where we are on the weekends, but not throughout the week. So, they tend to move in while we are gone.
Furthermore, I have a number of nesting birds like bluebirds that I don't want to scare off with decoys or harm with chemicals. Making me feel like I might have an issue that means eliminating all of the wildlife in order to fix my goose issue. :(
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter