Does eating fatty foods aid with CBD absorption?
I read an interesting article about a study this morning and wanted to share it with my friends here!
Here were a few of the main points:
"A University of Minnesota study, published in Epilepsia, examined whether eating high-fat foods after taking CBD increased the body's absorption of CBD"
"Compared with fasting, the amount of CBD in the body was four times higher after the high-fat meal and the maximum amount in the blood was 14 times higher, the findings showed."
""The type of food can make a large difference in the amount of CBD that gets absorbed into the body. Although fatty foods can increase the absorption of CBD, it can also increase the variability as not all meals contain the same amount of fat," said Angela Birnbaum, a professor in the College of Pharmacy and study co-author."
"Study co-author Ilo Leppik said increased absorption of CBD can lead to lower medication costs."
Link to the published paper: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/epi.16093
Very cool! I hope more studies are done on CBD absorption rates, especially in context of how they can lower medical costs by reducing the amount of CBD being needed for treatment.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter