Name Your Oil
Over the past 12 or more years I've been on an oil journey. Before I became aware of the pitfalls of things that led me to organics I never even considered that there was much more to the various oils other than price. Our family therefore used basic vegetable oil.
Starting from that point I moved from conventional GMO, sprayed veg oils to organic ones. As I learnt of the nutritional benefits of things like organic cold pressed extra virgin olive oil I switched. Since then I've incorporated organic coconut oil into our diet.
With various health challenges spurring the changes I discovered that there were also benefits in other oils. As I can't access things like CBD oil in my country I've instead included Hemp seed oil. I tend to drizzle some on my food after it is cooked instead of cream or butter, that way the nutrients of the oil aren't impacted.
I have tried Black Seed Oil, yet I've found it hard to take due to the sharp peppery taste; I find it overpowers the flavours of food, and I personally don't like the taste.
What oils have you tried, or currently use?
Do you use those oils due to their health benefits or for other reasons?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter