Ever hear this? NO OIL?

Jannajo
Jannajo Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

Dr. Esselstyne says so, repeatedly (this is necessary). He says, ...no need for any heart attack, NO OIL, has the most to do with it...and with most diseases, as diabetes also. Oil spoils the endotheliul (lining of the artery), within minutes of ingestion. Oil clogs the cells, so that insulin cannot any longer enter the cell. & doctors r giving more insulin, when IT CANNOT ENTER THE CELL! Until a hundred years ago, we had no oil, we were not compressing and pressurizing our foods, processing, extracting. Crisco comes from a factory floor, is bleached to make it white, was heavily advertised.....560 billion a year is spent on advertising in US....easy to do, do not buy any oil, period. Then you do not have to think: 'now, which one is 'healthy'?' Easy- they r not healthy, not one.About five years for myself: NO OIl (& loving it!): No disease, no pain, no pills...feed your cells, the trillion or so of them, feed them mightily, chewing all day if need be, those salads, plentiful and greens in the smoothie, you must eat (w starch to satisfy). Every body needs to feed the cells, every one. Most r starving, cannot digest all the processed food, So, I feed my cells, (even a gallon of water daily),chew my whole foods well, have smoothie and am SOS free (salt, oil sugar). But, just cutting out oil will be a great boon!

Comments

• Teresa Klepac
    Teresa Klepac Posts: 24 ✭✭✭

It seems to me that we need a wide variety of food to nourish our bodies and some fats are good for our body. My sister went on a very low fat diet a number of years back and her hair started falling out! Once she introduced fats back into her diet her hair loss diminished and started regrowing. I think sugar is a bigger issue than fat!

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

hi @2majomix

I completely agree that modern vegetable oiols and especailly Crisco are well, deadly. But olive oil, and oils that can be pressed from nuts - pecan oil, sunflower oil, etc. These have been around for milenia.

Oil is essetnailly the macro nutrient of fat which is super important to all your cells. Every cell lining needs lipids, which are basically fat.

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Either the doctor did not tell you enough facts, for whatever reasons, - or he's banking on you Not knowing them, or both. But here's just a few matters you need to know about FATS:

-> Neural development in the Unborn, plus healthy inflammatory reactions can Not take place without dietary FATS. (e.g. our brain consists mainly of fats) iow, you @2majomix would not have been born, let alone as an Intelligent person, unless your mother had enough FATs in her diet, while you developed... in her womb. The brain has a unique fatty acid composition; docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is the major brain fatty acid. The lipids of the retina also contain very high concentrations of DHA. - iow without enough dietary DHA, how much are you gonna see ?

-> Understanding basic chemistry of fats will help you appreciate 🤩 the role that Healthy fats play in your health. This post is not a "Bio-chemistry" course, you get to learn this on your own https://www.eufic.org/en/whats-in-food/article/facts-on-fats-the-basics, but suffice it to say: Over 90% of dietary fats are in the form of triglycerides.

-> When stored, body fat provides energy when the body requires, it cushions & protects vital organs, & helps to insulate the body. -- The lipid cholesterol found in eggs is essential for the fluidity & permeability of every cell membrane. It is also the precursor of vitamin D, some hormones, & bile salts, which enhance the absorption of fats in the intestine. Fats are also carriers of fat-soluble vitamins from our diet.

-> Both omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids are essential fatty acids, iow you need some in your diet because your body can Not produce them. The ratio should be about 1:1.

-> Now, the concern/danger lies in the SICK intake of omega 6, found in:

• (gmo) Soybean oil
    • (gmo) Corn oil
    • Canola oil
    • Cottonseed oil
    • Sunflower oil
    • Peanut oil
    • Sesame oil
    • Rice bran oil

For sure Stay FAR-away from the above.

Please Remember: Extra Virgin Olive Oil is The Healthiest Fat on Earth This oil, as essential part of the Mediterranean diet, is a traditional dietary staple for some of the world's healthiest populations. A person would be foolish... to try to argue with History, or with many present 110 year young Healthy folk.

The 2nd Healthiest oil = unrefined Virgin Coconut oil.

I wish you Well...

• ines871
  • pamelamackenzie
    pamelamackenzie Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

I believe Dr. Esselstyne's studies on people with reoccurring heart disease was less than 10 percent fat in diet, not no fat. No oil and no processed sugars but natural fats n sugars in whole foods allowed. Since these were sick subjects, nuts also were elimated or restricted. I believe people following him do eat flaxseeds or chia seeds. People who are healthy but follow might also eat nuts n avocados.

• ines871

True, Avocados, & Chia seeds & Flax seeds are also naturally 🙂 healthy fats.

• Jannajo

Dr Esselstyne takes people at the highest damage in heart disease and he has them healthy and fit wthin a few weeks, NO OIL, he repeats NO OIL very often, in case u did not hear him, (or understand).. ....the fat in any whole food gives u ALL U NEED, and all in his groups, (abt twenty at a time, followed closely, and mentored, eating at his home),have fats as needed - he is a surgeon, he watches arteries , closely, there is nothing u may have to teach him..he restores the heart of ALL his patients, but someone who stops attending. His son Rip does the same thing, but with firemen, having HBP, high cholesterol, many diseases as diabetes & following this regime-lifestyle he runs (& wins) triatholons at times. SOS is used more with Dr. Goldhammer, Chef AJ, and Dr McDougall -20 books- does not cook with any salt, may add a tiny bit at meals, also sugar as maple syrup, but even nuts not recommended, when losing weight (as many of the millions who follow wish to do). Chia seeds or flax added and replacing eggs (when u have stopped dairy, as most with these doctors do!).Ps. you have to EAT and to eat heartily, but it is the very best, the greens, the beans, the starch (for satiety), it is feeding your cells, fully feeding them, every cell, certainly the brain, MUST BE FED.

• Leslie Carl
    Leslie Carl Posts: 255 ✭✭✭✭

An interesting story was told to me by my midwife about extra virgin olive oil. She said that there was a newborn infant that was not able to handle any food intake. So, they would rub EVOO over his whole body, several times a day. He was able to absorb enough nutrients through his skin to keep him alive this way for 8 years, until he was able to eat and digest food. This story totally convinced me of the nutrient value of EVOO. It's quite astounding!

• seeker.nancy - Central Texas
    seeker.nancy - Central Texas Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭

I've heard of this in other cases. I'm a fan of EVOO and also organic unrefined coconut oil.

• Jannajo
    edited September 2019

Millions of us (in Esselstyne camp, w Goldhammer, McDougall & many more doctors), use NO OIL (we remove it at home, never buy it. Fats r added as desired- fats r not oils, eh? Whole food fats we all use , less if losing weight.

Many countries have no heart problems..Arteries recover quickly as the endotheliul cells r not damaged w this lifestyle. Our brains r just fine; aluminum causes alzheimers, & vaccines ..having foreign dna and mercury. Just a little project suggested here, as true north uses, the fasting therapy in California, Chefs AJ,& Katie Mae and the new I Thrive camp, all diseases reversed, Dillon of Well Your World, too many to enumerate; it is indeed healthy and saves a lot of money (& decision-making...which oil to buy?) Marketing is the basis of much decisions-making, that is clear....good old Edward Bernays, nephew of Freud!

Oh, & my aunt could not eat, weighing under 3 lbs, was given brandy (by an aunt, a nurse) and she later started to eat, suck & thrived- NO OIL! When she had trouble walking, a miracle-worker in Montreal, Brother Andre, healed my aunt and told her: take NO OIL! The Healer is Jesus, so this is from the very top!

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin
    edited September 2019

@2majomix You mentioned Jesus as being a healer...and that he says "NO OIL."

First of all, Jesus being a healer is well documented in the Bible & secular sources.

Secondly, I Considered the claim of "NO OIL," and I went searching the Bible for its mentions of oil, and this is what I found. You might be surprised that oil was highly praised, used topically (even spread over the body, not just touched on) AND eaten as food. It was common among the people (not just the Jews) before, during & after Jesus' day and was considered essential to life.

Here are just a few samples of what I found:

Ex. 29 mentions oil.

Multiple times the Old Testament mentions anointing oil, *healing* oil, as part of offerings that were 'the most holy.'

Oil was a commonly eaten item, with breads and other foods. It was mentioned as a wonderful food..."a land of olive oil & honey" Deut. 8. This was God telling of this great land.

Wise Solomon gave a king oil as part of a gift in Kings.

Proverbs says that "oil & perfume make the heart glad." It also says that "there is precious treasure & oil in the dwelling of the wise."

Oil was a blessing in Joel.

Haggai 2:12 refers to oil as a food. Even in Revelation, as throughout the Old Testament, it groups oil along with food.

Mark 6:13 documents the disciples going out to the people & using oil.

Jesus never preached against oil. It was not his message in any way. His message was that people are separated from God because of sin, needed to acknowledge it, turn away from it fully (repent), hear his words and follow him fully and they will no longer be separate from their creator, God.

The disciples & Jesus will have used olive oil (processed in the traditional way) with food daily as was the historic Jewish custom.

Considering this, I find this healer's claims to be false and I would certainly not follow him as he is contrary to what I find to be true and consistent. I would instead, run away.

• ines871

@2majomix - re Laurie's "Jesus never preached against oil. It was not his message in any way. His message was that people are separated from God because of sin, needed to acknowledge it, turn away from it fully (repent), hear his words and follow him fully and they will no longer be separate from their creator, God.

The disciples & Jesus will have used olive oil (processed in the traditional way) with food daily as was the historic Jewish custom.

Considering this, I find this healer's claims to be false and I would certainly not follow him as he is contrary to what I find to be true and consistent. I would instead, run away."

The 2 bolded words are my addition. - All that @Laurie just said, I fully support.

• Jannajo

Dr. Esselstyne is NOT healer, but a doctor, a very prominent one, who treats the most serious cardiac cases at his clinic, on a personal basis, eating with clients at his home, following closely, so that the protocol is strictly adhered to, all recover and live full, healthy lives, keeping to the lifestyle as outlined in many books and documentaries.

Jesus is The Saviour of the world and never spoke of oil, used fish (not with nuclear waste and aluminum, mercury within I might add).and lamb that we know of, cooked over a fire......There is anointing oil used and oil , sacred, requiring much special preparation, usually adding frankincense with it to the offering, but this is not to be eaten.....often oil is from the olive, but it is extracted manually, not hurled at great speed through machines and heated, horribly processed (oil today is not the same as in Jesus' time). 'Oil of gladness 'certainly does not refer to something we drink.

1) NO OIL. Oils cause vasoconstriction and raise blood pressure as well as being damaging to the arterial endothelium (lining). Hidden fats may also be called hydrogenated___, mono and diglycerides, lethicin, says the doctor in one book.

Dr. Gerson uses ONLY flax seed oil- minimally processed, only a bare minimum, and no other oil, also having hundreds of cancer patients cured at his clinics.....enrichment (the food & 13 daily juices) and detoxification is the protocol here.

Yes, 'land of oil olive and honey, land of milk and honey', but T. Colin Campbell is one who knows our milk is NOT as before, it is full of pus, from tortured animals, this is NOT the world of Jesus' time, it is very corrupt today, even the honey is too processed, not as beneficial as once it was. Animals r full of fat (where all the toxins r kept) so here one can get all fat needed for your brain but remember: 'the fat u eat is the fat u wear', a little saying we have here at National Health Association-NHA.

• I think we are getting a bit off topic here, perhaps we should go back to discussing the oil/no oil topic and agree to disagree on our religious beliefs. Have a wonderful nutrient and love filled day!

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

@2majomix My response was more specifically referring to the Brother Andre comment.

@seeker.nancy My post was certainly within this discussion topic as the OP posted additional comments that brought this into the discussion. Considering this, it was quite relevant and nobody was hurt in the exchange. My post was merely referring oil's relevance documented Jewish/Israeli history and its uses & status in that time. A fight was not what the intent...just a bit of historical reference & a caution. Thanks for your concern.

@2majomix I heartily agree that little food is the same as in that era...or even in more recent history. It is sad that mankind has messed with nature so much. I think it's benefit is often messed up/lessened when that happens. It is good to see when people can learn grow their own foods & process it properly...and I don't believe that all fat nor oils are harmful when grown/processed properly...but doing so is key to having the best! Unfortunately, many people don't have that option, but those that do should proceed with gusto!

Talking about Dr.s, there is also another doctor (Nemechuk) that has a protocol for autism & SIBO. His claims are only pro "balanced oils." He claims all others are bad. A relative is currently going through his program & using his methods for a child. There are few oils he recommends. Olive oil is one of the few. I don't remember all of his reasoning/supports, but he has built a whole program on it. I have another relative who might try it for SIBO if the autisic child improves. He has tried pretty much everything to no avail. The jury is still out as far as I am concerned about Nemechuk. He has made big claims. I will see if & how things progress before I decide what to believe in that case. There is good & there is bad advice very present in this world of ours. Wait, see & weigh is often a good approach.

There have been studies that have revealed how animal fats (I do understand that fats are not oils) are important to proper brain function and we know that a healthy brain is an essential thing. A teenaged niece went off meat for a short time and needed to start including some (homegrown) again. Once she did, she found that she was less tired and she no longer had brain fog. She needed both the proteins & the fats. I found the whole high fat meat tidbit interesting...so if you can, grow your own & know what you've got!

I will post a cool tibit about honey in another thread.

• Jannajo

Well, ALL the doctors I do follow use no meat, no dairy, no oil, & this is twenty years I follow these - Dr. Gerson is interesting, his daughter runs his clinic today, she is 96-always a vegan; she does not enjoy those following for prevention and I do understand: these will never follow closely the protocol, but will always make 'little' changes, these cld be dangerous for her worst patients. I love Dr. Gerson, finding his life and adventures fascinating, and telling of our world today-he was poisoned two times, succumbing at the second attempt, being only in his fifties. Dr. Schweitzer was his patient and wld have no other doctor for any ailment. As with most plant-based doctors, Gerson had a serious illness -those terrible headaches and he found at first he cld eat only apples. Slowly added a few vegetables, then passed the diet to other sufferers, only to have them return...with other diseases cured, tuberculosis first & all was tried at the tuberculosis hospital in Germany. All were recovering with special diet. In America, again people tried his diet and now cancer was cured. He worked out more on juices and added 13 daily, wanting super nutrition, nothing just normal to feed the cells. Perhaps u do not know, but there can be no cancer cure here in North America, the journalist reporting by radio was promptly fired, Gerson was poisoned. The clinic is in Mexico, there is a companion required for patient care and the cost is a few thousand for two weeks. With Dr. Goldhammer ( using fasting at True North Health Centre), there is definitely no meat (or fish) at all, sos-free, no sugar, oil, salt. Meals r very delicious and certainly nutritious, there is nothing missing of all u might need, even best as super foods for the ailing body.

Yes, Brother Andre is interesting, a healer (man with gift of healing) famous around Montreal, made a saint from Rome lately, but my interest was that my aunt was frail and was not walking at age four and five, he prayed over her, she cld walk and he told he not to have oil going forward, nothing fried....

I would suggest someone try no oil for a week or maybe two, even a month, however long u may like..I think u will love it (as I do)and find most eateries most distasteful with oil poured on everything, worse than all the salt and sugar...once u see this, it seems just terrible what is done to our living plants.