Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

End Of Season Harvest Of Herb Bed — The Grow Network Community
🌙 Have you ever heard of a Moon Garden? Do you have one that you want to share photos of? Check out this Moon Garden discussion created by smockv!

End Of Season Harvest Of Herb Bed

greyfurballgreyfurball Southeastern PennsylvaniaPosts: 329 ✭✭✭

For many, it's changing of the season time. We go from outdoor gardening to indoor gardening if we wish to keep it up, that is supplying ourself with fresh foods.

But what about our herb beds? I have been harvesting and drying, making vinegars and flavored oils, freezing plus any other thing I can think of all summer long but I still have gorgeous herb plants just loaded with fresh herbs.

So here's one really quick and easy thing I do each year before the frost gets my plants. I make compound butters.

Simply take 1 lb of room temperature butter (preferably raw and organic for the best health benefits) and 1/2 to 3/4 cups of fresh (towel dry them to remove as much water as possible after washing) herb (or herbs) of choice. Stir them together to combine and then package, label and place in your freezer.

This way you can use it all winter long to get that fresh herb flavor in all your cooking and baking needs.

Comments