Favorite Home Medicine
It must be ginger season! I found some great organic ginger today and bought the rest of the ingredients to make a big batch of my favorite homemade medicine! I'm so happy and excited! Here is how I do it:
LHG Syrup, (Lemon, Honey, and Ginger Syrup)
For Nausea and Coughing and tons of other stuff!
4 organic lemons
1 cup or more, (I like to use extra), of fresh organic ginger
1 pint of local raw honey
Place whole lemons, sliced thinly and ginger, coarsely chopped, in clean glass jar. Cover with honey and put the lid on it and leave on counter overnight or until it becomes a thin Syrup. Keep in refrigerator. I use as a regular Cough Syrup, take a tablespoon for Nausea, and it's great for headaches, heartburn, depression... actually all sorts of things. It also makes my grandkids happy!
I hope you try it!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter