I've always grown the culinary herbs and spices every year.
But this Spring I put in three lavender bushes also and they have did remarkably well. I had a whole total 6 blooms in June on all three bushes so I just figured next year I will be able to do something with them. I should be able to harvest a few buds then.
Well it's still this year and those three bushes are now covered with just emerging blooms. I've heard before when using them to get the blooms picked before they open for the best results.
But anybody have any ideas of what's good to use them for?
I know I've heard the lavender can be used in baking but I'd like to try anything else. I've never tried herbalism, making medicines, or just anything else.
Any good ideas?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter