Hardneck Vs Softneck Garlic
Are you a fan of garlic?
If so, maybe you've decided to give it a try in your garden since most seed companies recommend it to be planted in the Fall of every year
But just so you are forewarned, since I didn't know the difference my first year I planted it, you must take in consideration what type of garlic you plant depending upon the normal weather conditions where you live.
This is very important. I'm not going to say it is impossible to grow one or the other out of its normal temperature requirements but I will say you stand a much better chance of getting a rewarding harvest if you do plant the right kind for your area.
So hardneck vs softneck... if you're unsure let me know and I'll give you the crash course for success!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter