Why Colloidal Silver does not Kill Good Gut Bacteria... (In case you were wondering)

Silver only kills anaerobic (non-oxygen breathing) bacteria, the friendly bacteria in the digestive tract are immune to it because they are aerobic (oxygen breathing). Because no known disease-causing organism can live in the presence of even minute traces of silver. Science Digest cites colloidal silver as "...a wonder of modern medicine," and further states "Antibiotics kill perhaps a half dozen different disease organisms, but silver kills some 650. Resistant strains fail to develop.

Moreover, silver is non-toxic. Colloidal silver, used as an anti-microbial agent, will not create super bugs as antibiotics do." Colloidal Silver does not cause harmful interactions with other medications or topical treatments. Here's a link to more info... https://www.frequencyrising.com/colloidal_silver.htm

Comments

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am one of those who have metal allergies. I can only tolerate titanium or gold next to my skin. I can wear silver only in cool weather.

Does anyone know if colloidal silver activates metal allergies?

• merlin44
    merlin44 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭✭

@Leslie Carl Thanks for the information. Colloidal silver is a go-to for me. Easy to use on humans and animals.

@shllnzl A simple 'muscle test' should answer your question. I will attempt an explanation-you'll need a partner.

Extend an hand at arm's length, palm up. Have your partner press your hand downward while you resist the pressure. This give you an idea of how firmly your partner needs to press your hand in order to move it downward while you are resisting.

Next, you hold in the opposite hand whatever you are testing, in this case a bottle of Colloidal silver. Repeat the above exercise. If you find you cannot resist any pressure and your arm/hand immediately collapses, you are allergic/intolerant of what you're testing. If you can withstand the same amount of pressure while holding the test object, you are not allergic/intolerant of it.

• shllnzl

@merlin44 Your test sounds a lot like the Body Talk process that my chiropractor used. I may try this test later on. Thanks for the help.

• Leslie Carl
    Leslie Carl Posts: 255 ✭✭✭✭

@shllnzl It is very rare that anyone is allergic to pure silver. It's usually sterling silver which contains a small amount of nickel and the nickel is what they are allergic to. Nickel allergies are quite common. Most jewelry is made with sterling silver. Is that the kind of silver you are wearing?

Another indication of a silver allergy is if you are allergic to seafood. Shrimp and scallops both have a lot of silver in them. If you are not allergic to them then colloidal silver shouldn't bother you.

If you want to make sure and go to an allergist and be tested, you will want to have him use 99.99% pure silver to test with. That is what is used to make the colloidal silver.

I got this advise from a member of the tech crew that makes colloidal silver generators for "The Silver Edge" company - https://thesilveredge.com.

• Leslie Carl

@merlin44 Thank you for mentioning the 'muscle test'. It is really quite accurate.

For those that are not familiar with the test; it is based on the energetic field of your body. Any energy that comes into your energy field that is not compatible or good for your body, will weaken you. On the other hand; if it is something your body needs or is good for you, it will strengthen you. After all, everything is made up of energy. 😊

• shllnzl

@merlin44 @Leslie Carl This is a very interesting conversation. Thanks again for the information.

Sterling silver is what I wear; of course that is .925 pure. I definitely have the nickel allergy.

I do not have an obvious problem with seafood. (Some of my food reactions are not immediate.)

I will probably try some in a small test.

• one.ette
    one.ette Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

I love this thread!

Thank you @Leslie Carl and @merlin44

@shllnzl I am extremely allergic to seafood especially shrimp and and have no problem with colloidal silver.

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Hi @Leslie Carl wow, I didn't know this about colloidal silver... hmm, it only kills anaerobic bacteria. Wow. Thanks for posting. A freind gave me a jar of silver water they make at home and use all the time on themselves and livestock. They swear by it.

Do you have any simple 'go to' kinds of ailments that it really helps with?

• Leslie Carl

@Marjory Wildcraft Boy! did you ask a loaded question! We have our own silver generator and have been making and using colloidal silver for at least 7 years now and I have a load of incredible stories i could tell about it's abilities. But Ok, you said "simple" so I will try to keep it that way.

It really helps with...

• inner ear infection
    • sinus infection
    • cuts and abrasions
    • burns
    • tooth infection
    • dandruff
    • contact lens disinfection
    • disinfectant for counters
    • veggie wash
    • immune system booster
    • eye infection
    • sore throat
    • keeps cut flowers and milk and leafy greens fresh longer
    • prevents water from becoming bacterially contaminated

The Roman Legions, for example, were said to have placed silver coins in their water containers during long treks into battle, in order to help prevent the spread of bacteria in the water supply. They also carried this strips of silver to wrap around battle wounds to keep them from getting infected.

It's also been proclaimed as the official cure for E-bola by the president of Sierra Leone, Africa and can cure the incurable MRSA infection due to it's inability to become resistant to the silver, unlike the medical antibiotics that have become ineffective against it.

A couple of not so simple ailments we have had experience with are lyme disease and sepsis and it got rid of both within a week. Oh yeah, and then there was a friend of a friend who had stage 4 cancer and was bed ridden in the hospital and told he had 2 weeks to live. We snuck in some colloidal silver to him to drink each day and a week later they released him from the hospital and a month later he was doing so well he went to Disneyland with his grandson.

Ok, I said I would keep it simple, so I will stop here. But I'm happy to answer any other questions that might come up. 😊

Did I keep it simple enough Marjory? Would you like examples of how to use it for each of the items in the list?

• merlin44

@Leslie Carl Is your silver generator store bought or homemade? Could describe the process of making your own Colloidal silver? Still purchasing mine but have everything needed to make a generator, just waiting for a free afternoon to put it together, so all you can share about the process would be much appreciated.

• Leslie Carl
    edited October 2019

@merlin44 The generator we use was purchased from The Silver Edge online ($249.95 includes 2 silver wires and a timer) and we've been very pleased with it's ease of use and consistency. It's calibrated to use just the right amount of current to make the right size of nano particles at the proper ppm.

There are 2 holes in the bottom of the generator that you push 12 gauge 99.99% pure silver wires into and an aeration tube. The unit is set on top of a quart mason jar filled almost to the top with distilled water, with the wires going down into the jar along with the aeration tube. There is an LED light on the generator that comes on when it senses minerals in the water. This is very helpful to show you when the silver is done, but also if the distilled water is not pure and has any minerals already in it, the light will come on at the beginning letting you know not to use that water. If there are already minerals in the water it will cause the silver to adhere to the minerals creating salts that are not good for your body.

When the generator is operating, a low voltage current goes into the silver rods and electronically separates silver ions. The ions are electronically suspended in the distilled water.

It takes 3 hours to make a quart of colloidal silver that has .008 nanometer particles at 10ppm. It's very helpful to plug the generator into an automatic timer that will turn it off when the 3 hours are up. Our timer lets us set a time for it to start and a time for it to stop.

It's best to store the colloidal silver in a dark colored glass bottle or jar. Sunlight will tarnish the silver and make the solution cloudy. Do not let the colloidal silver come in contact with metal or it will cause the silver to drop out of it's suspension and make it much less effective.

If you are making your own generator, there are 2 important factors to keep in mind;

1. If you put too much electricity through the rods in order to take less time to make the silver, you will create larger silver particles in the suspension that are less effective. The most effective form of colloidal silver is a solution with nano particles. The solution in the silver that we make has particles .008 nanometers in size, which allows it to move more easily where it needs to in the body. Many store bought colloidal silver will have particles 40-60 nanometers in size, making them too large to get through many cell membranes. 10 ppm of the micro particles is all that you need.
    2. You need to have an aerator in order to allow the silver ions to combine with oxygen molecules for better effectiveness.

I hope this gives you the information you were looking for. Let me know if you have any other questions. 😊

This is what our generator looks like:

• merlin44

@Leslie Carl Thanks so much for the information. Very much appreciate having the details from one experienced making silver.

• nbcpraise
    nbcpraise Posts: 1 ✭✭✭

Because of my lifetime of serious allergies, ( antibiotics & petroleum products like antibiotic ointments in a Petroleum jelly base), Most antibiotics give me severe reactions like tongue swelling. Silver solution is my medicine cabinet. I've used it for about 10 years. I have made my own colloidal silver too. But I will not take homemade colloidal silver internally because I am afraid particles are too large. And, there is no way to know how large the particles are, or how many PPM (parts per million) you have in your colloidal silver either, with my homemade gadget producing it. I understand that larger particles of colloidal silver taken internally, can cause our skin to turn blue, when too much gets in our system. But I only saw one man that had blue skin PERMANENTLY from ingesting Colloidal silver! So I purchase bottles of a silver solution for internal use. I use Colloidal for scrapes, burns and cuts and anything external. However, when I take a teaspoon, when sick, I use the same brand silver solution that NASA uses on their manned spacecrafts. However, I use 22 ppm and not the 10 ppm as the 10 ppm just does not work as well for me. I have had severe burns that silver solution kept me from having a blister, although one large one was beginning to form instantly. I have used it for sore throats, pink eye, (not colloidal but silver solution that has nano particles suspended in the water and particles never are seen with the naked eye, and they never settle.

2nd: I buy a gallon of whole milk (4% butterfat) and add water: 1 to 1 ratio. (I pour half in another clean and sterilized milk jug and fill with water). Now I have 2 gallons of 2% milk. I put a single spray of silver solution in the gallon of diluted milk to keep it fresh longer and avoid any organisms that might be in the city water. It is good for all my family as well.

When my cat gets sick, I put a single spray of silver solution (not colloidal) in her bowl of water when I change it. The cat has lived 23 years and is still going.

I have a friend that had a rash on his leg, ankle to knee, for months. Nothing the dr.s gave him helped. So I gave him some silver solution. It cleared up his awful looking leg in a week. I had suggested he use silver solution 3 times a day. After morning shower, middle of the day and again at bedtime. He was so impressed. His wife is an RN and could not clear up his rash either.

If anyone wants to know where I order my silver solution for internal use, please respond with your email address, and I will email you that info.

• Leslie Carl
    edited October 2019

Just a word of clarification about colloidal silver turning your skin blue (the condition is called argyria).

It’s important to understand exactly how argyria happens. This is widely misunderstood. But I’ll keep it as simple as possible. So here goes:

Argyria results when so many excessive doses of colloidal silver have been ingested, regularly, over long periods of time (months/years on end), that the body’s mechanism for eliminating colloidal silver gets overwhelmed, and the body eventually begins storing, in the internal tissues and organs, the excess silver it was unable to eliminate.

Then, when a saturation point is reached internally, the silver-laden tissues and organs begin GRADUALLY pushing the excess silver out to the lower layer of the dermis (i.e., the skin’s lower layer), in an effort to get rid of it.

And once enough silver accumulates under the lower layer of the dermis, and gets exposed to bright sunlight (or a tanning bed) the silver particles tarnish, staining the skin a bluish or grayish color, much like a tattoo.

Argyria can happen whether the size of the silver particles are large or small. It's not the particle size that is the issue, It's the amount of silver you take on a regular basis over a long period of time. If the amount you are taking is more than your body can handle eliminating and you continue taking that amount each day continuously, eventually your body will become saturated, putting you at risk of getting argyria. This would mean taking an obscene amount daily. For example; if you took 16 oz. daily for a year, you would likely be at risk, depending on how good your elimination mechanism is.

Other than this; colloidal silver is completely non-toxic and does not interact with medications, so it can safely be used by all. Unless of course you actually do have an allergy to pure silver.

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Leslie Carl - I too can vouch for the Muscle test, as that's how we used to test for Allergies. - Can't do that now, as need to heal the "Leaky gut" first.

As far as Colloidal Silver, It really helps with...

• inner ear infection
    • sinus infection
    • cuts and abrasions
    • burns
    • tooth infection
    • dandruff
    • contact lens disinfection
    • disinfectant for counters
    • veggie wash
    • immune system booster
    • eye infection
    • sore throat
    • keeps cut flowers and milk and leafy greens fresh longer
    • prevents water from becoming bacterially contaminated

For any external skin issues, even infections, we mainly UP the Curcumin, & vit. C, & stuff dis-appears. - So the only thing on that list would be "keeps cut flowers & leafy greens fresh longer", as dairy-Free here.

so how do you think Colloidal Silver would trump what we use? - Just asking :)

Btw, very interesting discussion. Thanks for taking the time. Enjoy a wonderful week 🙂

• merlin44

@rainbow Convenience, especially with the animals. If I'm out of a particular remedy or have a short term need (like on the incision lines past spay/neuter surgery on the 5 feral kittens that recently moved in) being able to grab the Colloidial silver is a convenience. Although I do use it as a nasal spray through-out wood stove season.

• Leslie Carl

@rainbow I'm an avid proponent of "If it works for you, then use it!" I think it's great that curcumin and vit C do the job for you with skin issues and infections. There are lots of different remedies that can do the same job. I think it's mostly personal preference, or what you're familiar with, or what's readily available to you, or most economic that usually makes the decision. I use curcumin and vit C too, but I find that for me, colloidal silver gets rid of infections faster, so that's what I use in those cases.

There is a much longer list of diseases and things that colloidal silver can help with and even get rid of, like MRSA and Ebola, as I previously mentioned. I feel much safer having it around.

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

@Leslie Carl thanks for this beneficial information and opportunity to try that specific exercise. I’ll try it. Taking colloidal silver has many benifits!

• one.ette
    one.ette Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

When my Grandson was sent home on a Friday with the nastiest looking pink eye infection, I sprayed his eye with Sovereign colloidal silver, 10ppm, 3 times that Friday and he went back to school on Monday good as new. It's also been fantastic for sore throat and upper respiratory infections.

I heard that the folks heading west on covered wagons to settle the American west kept a silver dollar in their water barrels to keep the water fresh and free from making them sick.

• ines871

@Leslie Carl Thanks for your response. Especially "If it works for you, then use it!" - I prefer Liposomal & SL delivery systems of whatever supplements. & other healing encouraging compounds.

(the bolded parts are mine) You said:

"The generator we use was purchased from The Silver Edge online ($249.95 includes 2 12 gauge 99.99% pure silver wires and a timer. ... The unit is set on top of a quart mason jar filled almost to the top with distilled water, with the wires going down into the jar along with the aeration tube. ... if the distilled water is not pure and has any minerals already in it, ... will cause the silver to adhere to the minerals creating salts that are not good for your body... When the generator is operating, a low voltage current goes into the silver rods and electronically separates silver ions. The ions are electronically suspended in the distilled water.

It takes 3 hours to make a quart of colloidal silver that has .008 nanometer particles at 10ppm. ... "

Attempting to get to the heart of this subject, I was alerted to your "electronically" statements. - Whereas the process is a form of ELECTROLYSIS. In chemistry and manufacturing, electrolysis is a technique that uses a direct electric current (DC) to drive an otherwise non-spontaneous chemical reaction. ---- Okay, this drew me next

to http://www.silver-colloids.com/Pubs/AboutIonic.html where it says: " Technically speaking, a silver ion is an atom of silver that is missing one electron. The outermost electrons of an atom determine the physical properties of the matter. Take away one electron from a silver atom and you get a silver ion. Ionic silver is not the same as metallic silver, silver particles or colloidal silver. ... in this six-page PDF explanation, Appendix A is further useful

Colloidal silver is made up of tiny nanoparticles of metallic silver. The particles are complete and do not combine with other elements. (such as any minerals in the water you use, which you said, they do combine...) The difference between silver ions and silver particles boils down to the fact that silver ions combine with chloride ions to form silver chloride and silver particles do not.

True silver colloids consist of silver particles, NOT silver ions. Only silver nanoparticles (colloids) can survive inside the body. Metallic silver particles are unaffected by hydrochloric stomach acid and chloride ions and will circulate in the bloodstream where they are believed to kill pathogens. The particles will slowly be eliminated from the body and do not build up. Since it is the particles of metallic silver that provide the particle surface area and thus the real benefit, it is important to know how much of any colloidal silver product is in the form of particles.

Why Is This Important ?

Silver chloride is a compound that is formed when silver ions combine with chloride ions. It is an insoluble compound which means once it is formed in the human body, it does not dissolve. - By contrast many products claiming to be colloidal silver or angstrom size silver particle colloids are in fact mostly ionic silver solutions. A typical ionic silver product that is 10 ppm (parts per million) of total silver has 90% of the silver in ionic form and only 10% in particle form. That means only 1 ppm of silver particles is present in a product advertised as 10 ppm – and that’s assuming 10% particles. If it is particles, not ions, that produce the particle surface area, look for silver content in the form of particles, not ions.

Then I looked for the machine, & the address does say The Silver Edge – Ionic Silver Generator « CC Silver, LLC .... The http://www.silver-colloids.com/Pubs/AboutIonic.html website goes on to say: " Most products are ionic silver because it is cheap and very simple to make. So simple, in fact, a child can do it. All it takes to make ionic silver is a nine volt battery and some silver wire. It is simplicity in the extreme." -- the process is a form of electrolysis. The electrolysis process produces mostly ionic silver, and yet it is marketed as colloidal silver. Regardless of claims made to the contrary, if the product is made by electrolysis, it is not a true colloid. By comparison a true colloid has a high concentration of particles and little or no ionic silver.

Ionic silver is not without merit. It is a strong anti-microbial and serves well in situations where chloride is NOT present. When chloride is present, the silver particle content will survive to produce benefit."

====== okay

after spending two hours on this Topic tonight, what would you like to add ?

• merlin44

@Leslie Carl I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience with making Colloidal Silver. Been doing further research on homemade vs buying a generator and decided to purchase the same generator you have. It seems to have all the features recommended and will pay for itself within an year. Making my own Colloidal silver will be like being "born with a silver spoon in my mouth". LOL

• Leslie Carl

@rainbow Wow! I'm impressed that you took some time to research! Please allow me to add a little light to the misconceptions woven in with the scientific facts that you brought up.

To begin with, the term “colloidal silver” covers a LOT of different types of silver solutions – for example, ionic silver, particulate silver, mild silver protein, silver oxide, monatomic silver, silver citrate, silver hydrosol, and more – the vast majority of colloidal silver on the market today is of the ionic form. The reason?  Because ionic silver works the best. All other forms of colloidal silver are ineffective against pathogens, except to the extent they’re converted to the ionic form inside the human body by acidic bodily fluids.

Millions of people worldwide have been using the ionic form of colloidal silver with great success for at least 60 years.  But in the late 1990’s some companies started marketing so-called “true colloids” or “true colloidal silver,” which is a form of colloidal silver composed largely of non-ionic metallic silver particles, which are also referred to as nanosilver or silver nanoparticles. 

The purveyors of so-called “true colloidal silver” routinely assert that when ionic forms of colloidal silver are ingested, they convert to silver chloride in the stomach due to the presence of hydrochloric acid (HCl), which in turn renders it useless. And they claim that silver in its metallic form will not convert to silver chloride in the stomach.  Therefore, they claim, their metallic “true colloidal silver” is effective in inhibiting the growth of microorganisms in the human body, whereas the ionic form is largely ineffective. Sound familiar? While there are a multitude of published studies that prove the exact opposite.

For example: In December of 2004, John W. Roberts, PhD of the Natural-Immunogenics Corporation conducted an in-depth laboratory study in which the so-called “true colloidal silver” (i.e., metallic silver, also called nanosilver, or silver nanoparticles) was pitted against ionic silver.

Dr. Roberts stated that the purpose of his study was to compare the antimicrobial effect of 'particulate' (i.e., metallic) versus (free) 'ionic' silver and to show that it’s the silver ion that’s primarily responsible for silver's antimicrobial efficacy and not the metallic silver particles being touted as “true colloidal silver".

He ran 2 tests using Staphylococcus aureus bacteria strains (both S-1 and S-2). In the first test he added hydrochloric acid to samples of both the ionic silver and the metallic silver (aka "true colloidal silver") to treat the bacteria with. The second test was conducted without the HCl mixture, to see how the two species of silver (ionic and metallic) performed without the hindrance of hydrochloric acid.

The results were astonishing! With or without the HCl mixture added, the Staphylococcus cultures were virtually eradicated in just four minutes when treated with ionic silver! But the culture plates treated with themetallic silver showed only a very slight reduction in the bacterial count!

The metallic silver could not match those results even when eight minutes were given. When hydrochloric acid was added, the metallic silver lost almost all its antibacterial potency.  The untreated ionic form proved to be at least 100 times more potent against the pathogens than untreated metallic silver.  In fact, after being treated with hydrochloric acid under the same experimental conditions, the ionic-silver was shown to be a whopping 10,000 times more potent than the metallic silver in terms of its antimicrobial effects against the two bacterial strains.

To the contrary of what was being indicated in the research you found, more recent clinical research confirms that it's actually the metallic form of colloidal silver – so-called “true colloidal silver,” or silver nanoparticles -- that gets tied-up in the gut and neutralized by hydrochloric acid.

In a study, using a variety of analytical methods, done by researchers from the University of Nevada in cooperation with scientists from the EPA's Office of Research and Development, they discovered that metallic silver nanoparticles (i.e., nanosilver, or so-called "true colloidal silver") formed large clumps and began converting to silver chloride when exposed to stomach acids. The researchers surmised that because of this, the human body would likely have significant trouble absorbing and utilizing metallic nanosilver particles.

Even the infamous Brown University clinical study on argyria, conducted in August 2012, found that metallic nanosilver was "not terribly likely to make it from the GI tract to the blood..." but that silver ions shed by the metal nanosilver in reaction to the acidic environment of the stomach were "easily absorbed into the bloodstream".  Again, that's the exact opposite of what the purveyors of "true colloidal silver" claim.

One last note; When it comes to ppm, larger numbers are not always better. A larger number can mean it has larger particles. The size of the silver particles is more important than the ppm. The smaller the particles, the more bioavailable it is.

I hope this helps you in your research.

@merlin44 I must confess, I put the wrong particle size in my post about my generator. It should have been .8 nanometers.

• ines871
    edited October 2019

Hi there @Leslie Carl

I read what you copied/wrote.. And with that opening "Wow! I'm impressed that you took some time to research! " - am baffled. Not sure what you were trying to communicate with that statement. Would you care to explain ?

As I shared with another group member here, who said that many "feel Intimidated by Science jargon", (which unfortunately is all too common) my response to her in Sept. was: "Please remember Each of us, every human was born a scientist... it is also good remembering What, How, & Where you do your research remains your choice... " - iow, my Intent was to Positively encourage her to continue doing, what she has been doing since the moment of birth: Researching.... I could go into further details, but I won't.

2nd, I gave two separate references, that were Clickable. - Yet no Clickable references were given in the response, why be so secretive ? - And if I did want to know where you copied those words from, I had to go hunt... for it in the search engine, which in this instance I was willing to spend yet more/unnecessary time doing. It came from here: https://thesilveredge.com/study-shows-ionic-silver-is-up-to-10000-times-more-effective-than-true-colloidal-silver/ - the very company you bought that generator from. -- Now, as most people know scientists are $buy-able$ as the day is long, for practically everything imaginable, & on both sides of the coin. - Therefore, even more !! Investigative... work would need to be done, to get to the bottom of only this subject, while with this little exchange here, I have for now at least, lost interest.

However, on the bottom of that link it does say "Copyright 2016, Life & Health Research Group, LLC., PO Box 1239, Peoria AZ 85380. Absolutely no reproduction or distribution without the expressed written permission of the publisher. "

I am happy that you are happy with your Ionic-silver results, & nothing else really matters. Enjoy a wonderful rest of the week.

• Leslie Carl

No problem @rainbow. I'd be happy to answer your final 2 questions. In my experience, most people don't want to take the time to research, especially if it is anything scientific like with the atoms and ions and particles. You really got into it and were analyzing things very intelligently and I was impressed by that.

As far as being secretive, that was not my intent. Again, in my experience, most people don't want to take the time to click links and try to find references within articles or whatever, they prefer to have the information right there before them. So, I was just trying to make it easier for others to see the information.

Forgive me if I treaded on some fine lines. I am fairly new to this forum and trying to get a feel for it. In fact, this is the first discussion forum I have ever joined. So, I apologize.

And by the way, I do have permission to use excerpts from the copyrighted article. The credit for the information goes to Steve Barwick, which i did forget to add. Thank you for pointing that out.

• shllnzl

Putting my 2 cents in (that phrase dates me doesn't it?): I value the detailed information and don't mind doing research.

In my case, I am trying to avoid the thousands of videos bombarding me. I would much rather skim written information because it is faster.

I will spend the time to watch TGN videos though because they are to the point and useful.

• ines871

Hi again Leslie Carl - You have nothing to apologize for.

Just know that ' Each person ' is not necessarily "most people". - Some of us just seem different, yet each of us is a truly Unique individual, iow like nearly ALL kiddos, I too started researching..., long before I was forced to attend that contraption aka 'public school'.

Truthfully in my Grandpa's garden... I asked like 40 questions every day. For example "What makes our garden (it was less than 1/2 mile from the nearest forest), different than the woods ?",

and "WHY do sooo many foods need a SEED to start growing, but some plants just POP outa the ground like magic ??"

and "What exactly... makes one TINY seed, different from another kind of seed ? and What is going on INside each seed ??, that makes 1 grow into a Blueberry bush, while another seed grows into an Apple tree.

and "Why can we get some veggies... to keep growing, after we cut some off ?, - but we can Not get an Apple tree to keep growing once the Trunk has been cut ??"

and "Why, & How does food rot? - Because if it just stayed PRETTY, we could be eating ALL YEAR LONG, & not have to store it in the Cellar, where those nasty Huge rats wanna eat me for supper !! "

and, And, AND, & so forth, - and my Grandpa, the teacher Extraordinaire Never tired of my questions, & Showed me, & answered everything that my Observations & eager mind could not think of fast enough, - such that even in Kindergarten I was driving teachers crazy with my Unending questions... &

I stayed true in researching... right in college, where my perpetual Critical thinking questions, plus solutions drove most professors crazy: " You want answers, to questions we have never entertained before. How can you think all these things up? " - my response: "You're the professors/teachers, how can you not??"

They thought to Silence... me by tasking me with Research papers. When done, the circus continued.

Really, what would life be ?, without asking Astute (penetrating & discerning) questions... in Paradigm-shifting Research...

Anyway, enjoy a wonderful weekend @Leslie Carl