Do you know where to find a cobbler?
I found a pair of shoes at the thrift store, I was looking for work shoes. I paid five bucks for a pair of shoes that retails for $130 (score!) So, yeah, I would probably pay a cobbler more for the slight repair they need, but I would still pay less than retail price of the shoe.
Thing is, you can't find a cobbler anymore. I witnessed the retirement of the last cobbler in the area when I lived up north, and I haven't been able to find one where we live now.
Talk about a lost art that would be useful...
Duct tape and wd40 fix a lot of things, and I could duct tape my shoes, but it doesn't exactly look professional...
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter