Alternative options for treating behavioral issues in children?
I just wanted to see if any of you might have suggestions on how to manage symptoms associated with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome using a more natural approach? My younger sister has recently adopted 3 young siblings ages 6, 4, & 2 that came from the foster care system. The older two are Fetal Alcohol Syndrome babies, with the 6 year old being the most severe. He was put on medication to manage outbursts of anger, it does not seem to be helping his behavioral issues and is causing side effects. I know that his brain damage is permanent, but was wondering if anyone had ideas without using prescription meds?
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter