Internet Malfunctions and Other Rural Issues
I fully intended to get on the computer early yesterday and crank out a couple of articles. The internet was down. As I've said before, we live in a mountain valley in western Colorado. Several things will interfere with me getting online. Wind will knock out our system.
Wind, a recent forest fire, and a host of other issues will also knock out our electricity from time to time. We keep water on hand for drinking, cooking and bathing (washing up or sponge bathing). That's how we live. When we first moved to this community, it was October. Several neighbors told us where to get wood. Someone had moved and left their wood for those who needed it. Totally ignorant of the necessity of wood for our fireplace, we nodded our appreciation, but took none of them seriously. Now we do.
So, just so you know, if I'm not online, there's always a valid reason. I do love to interact with this forum.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter