Kami McBride – Your Herbal Kitchen

System
System Posts: 121 admin
edited October 2019 in Home Medicine Summit 2019

Join The Discussion With Your Insights, Revelations, And Epiphanies Below

Comments

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

GOod morning! I know Kami herself will be online shortly. Kami specifically requested this day so she could be with you. Be sure to ask questions...

and oh! check out what I picked up after watching this presentation

Yeah, my duaghters friends are on this hot sauce kick right now :)

• Powerful point: "If you're not getting daily dose of herbs in your food, then you are relying on your body's energy reserves to fight off infection, kill cancer cells, and deal with the oxidation and inflammation that is at the root of so much of our chronic disease."

• Another powerful point and take-away: "This whole approach to the herbal kitchen, and kitchen medicine is really meant to help us be able to number one, realize we're already doing it. Number two, realize that we don't need to know it all, and just to start with the herbs and spices that you already know and love."

• Rick
    Rick Posts: 4

Great presentation! I love the why behind the spices. I will be adding her book to my amazon wish list.

On another note, this is the third presentation I’ve listened to today. Why do I have to continually touch my iPad to keep the screen up? This has never happened on any Summit, and it is quite annoying. I’ll be cleaning while listening, and the screen goes dark and the program goes off. So I have to go over and hit the on button twice to resume. It’s a constant thing, about every five minutes.

thanks,

julie

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Hi Julie, do you have some kind of screen saver timeout set up on your ipad? Have you checked the settings on the ipad? We have not had anyone else with this issue. (yet 😉)

• Rick
    Rick Posts: 4

Thanks for the prompt reply. I don’t think so but will check.

Sorry to raise this issue, but I’ve never had this problem before.

But then, maybe I’ve dropped it one too many times . . .

• deti197
    deti197 Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

Hope everyone is enjoying day #1 of The Home Medicine Summit!

• Linda Bittle
    Linda Bittle Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got Kami's course some time ago, and love it. As I watch today's offerings, I am enjoying some pork chops cooked with sea salt, black pepper, and fresh sage and rosemary from my garden. And sweet potatoes with a big pat of good butter, some local raw honey, and a big dash of cinnamon and cardamom. Yummy! Thanks Kami!

• deti197
    deti197 Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

Thank you!

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Hi @Kami - how much ! your Presentation blessed... me just now: Hopefully you get to read this: I was born & raised in my Grandparent's garden=extra-ordinaire in Germany's mountains. Everything we ate, was first grown iow All organic. - But grandma Never allowed me near, when she prepared our totally nutritious meals. --- The moment I left home, I made me a wooden Spice-rack, & without knowing how to use Herbs, I just started Experimenting... with Anise + Bay leaves + Chives + Cinnamon + Dill + Mint + Paprika + Parsley + Rosemary + Sage + Thyme + (later Curcumin), plus Chamomile tea & Fennel tea. - To learn about them, I stuck them on my tongue & tried to figger out what foods they might taste good with, LOL. --- When I became a mommy, the kiddos learned the same way (but no Lazy Susan). Because (including taking no pharma-crap, with a CRP of under .4) we are UNschoolers..., I just called it a "Taste-party", & by age 8 the 1st. little daughter was winning Blue ribbons as a little chef. Naturally I was soo happy & proud. I also have taught Americans Basic Nutrition for decades, while at the same time growing our food. ---

Now in all those years, yet I thought we had to BUY the herbs; & am just now learning about growing them myself. Plus am still ignorant re 'Essential oils'. How odd. --- So how you blessed me today is by making me feel so Happy about how (even while ignorant about 2 facets of these beneficial plants), yet I did everything else pretty Good... And so I thank you for giving me your Positive HI-5... Thank you Kami