Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

Stephanie Syson – Why Biodynamically Grown Herbs Make The Highest Potency Medicine — The Grow Network Community
WHAT'S CHANGING IN 2021 AND HOW TO NAVIGATE IT
a free community call lead by Marjory Wildcraft this Sunday, January 24 at 2pm CST

register here➥ howtopreparefor2021.com

Stephanie Syson – Why Biodynamically Grown Herbs Make The Highest Potency Medicine

SystemSystem Posts: 75 admin
edited October 2019 in Home Medicine Summit 2019

Join The Discussion With Your Insights, Revelations, And Epiphanies Below

Comments

• Marjory WildcraftMarjory Wildcraft ✭✭✭ Posts: 986 admin

Good morning! I've been so impressed with the quality of the herbs Stephanie grows, I am th8inking of starting a biodynamic farm... What are your thoughts onbiodynamics versus organic versus all the other 'standards' out there?

• stephgardens434stephgardens434 Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

Thanks Marjory! Growing medicinal herbs is such a joy... I hope all the viewers out there try to grow a few of their own!! When I began integrating the Biodynamic practices and preparations I was blown away by the resulting quality and the sweetness of cultivating deeper relationships with the farm organism! Thanks for watching!

• Kathryn MagoonKathryn Magoon Posts: 1 ✭✭✭

Your presentation was amazingly inspiring Stephanie. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this wisdom with us. This will definitely be a farming method that we adapt going forward because it rings true through the soul of the human and the land. I really appreciate this.

• stephgardens434stephgardens434 Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

If you are looking to try the Biodynamic Preparations you can go to

We make them here at our ranch!

• shllnzlshllnzl Southwestern UtahPosts: 1,408 ✭✭✭✭

This is a thought provoking presentation. Thanks for sharing the information.

I can't seem to get the image of the two plants that grew differently because one was planted on leaf day and one was planted on fruit(?) day.

I can totally relate to the loving care of the plants and mentally wishing them well. Ditto most living things minus cabbage worms, aphids, and squash bugs.

I can also view the land and animals as a complete system.

I cannot see me having the time to incorporate the full complex system shown here. I am glad it is working so well.

• ines871ines871 zn8APosts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay @Marjory Wildcraft , here I thought that 'every'one, (at least in this group) Already grows with love + in-love interacts with the UNseen including in our homesteads, yes?

Like Positively in mind+words encouraging our Seeds, & our UNborn human babies, & our plants, & Positively encouraging them in their Fruit-productions, just like we Positively encourage our spouse plus our human children, & whatever & whoever else will receive... in the circle of Abundant life... is this how you live it too ?

• Marjory WildcraftMarjory Wildcraft ✭✭✭ Posts: 986 admin

I am still blown away be seeing that happy basil sitting in the snow! Wow, talk about the power of love. Amazing.

And @rainbow of course everyone in TGN grows with love, what is astonishing with Biodyanamics, and Stephenies work, is she is making commercially viable (on a small scale which it will always be).

I want to develop a larger biodynamic farm to continue to explore commercial viability - we need for every farm to be like this.

edited October 2019

ok, on the bottom of her http://sustainablesettings.org/ethics-and-principles/ page she said:

" Some action steps each of us can do everyday:

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle (in that order).

Grow a garden and eat and use what it produces.

Avoid imported resources where possible.

Use labor and skill in preference to materials and technology.

Design, build, and purchase for durability and repairability.

Use resources for their greatest potential use (e.g. electricity for tools and

lighting, food scraps for animal feed).

Use renewable resources wherever possible even if local environmental costs appear higher (e.g. wood, rather than electricity for fuel and timber rather than steel for construction).

Use non-renewable and embodied energies primarily to establish sustainable systems as in

passive solar housing, food gardens, earth moving for land reclamation, water storage and forests).

When using high technology (e.g. computers) avoid frequently discarding equipment in favor the newest, most “state-of-the-art” models; encourage extended maintenance of older machines.

Avoid debt and long-distance commuting.

Develop a home-based lifestyle, practice domestic responsibility."

-----------------------------------------------

Really like 95% of the above are pretty much common sense (however UNcommon to too many), with the exception of the 2 bolded items. iow Not everyone can HEAT with wood, etc - so maybe Modifying this to have everyone think of their family as Sustainably successful... what do you think ?

Hi @Marjory Wildcraft - just Noticed your "seeing that happy basil sitting in the snow! Wow, talk about the power of love. Amazing."

We experience related (seeming Miracles) every year. Like when I ask varying Berry bushes "Please, extend your Harvest longer... so we can eat these gifts for breakfast" - & sure enough we've enjoyed some Blueberries & Strawberries as late as Dec.4th, plus also Tomatoes & Cucumbers for salads Nov.16. etc. (ALL outside in the open, as we have No greenhouse) etc True.

This Autumn (with 4 nites of 25-degrees), one baby FIG tree tried its best to mature some figs; but Hugging it tenderly I told it "You just wait until next spring/Summer little Cute one" - Nature responds in kind when we love it.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019