Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

Any Weavers Here? — The Grow Network Community
Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

-Jack Canfield

Any Weavers Here?

Mary Linda BittleMary Linda Bittle Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭

I found a complete, in the original box, Beka 10 inch rigid heddel beginner's loom at the local thrift store for $1.99. Of course, I bought it. Now I can spend some time this winter learning to use it. It comes with the first project already warped and ready to go.

There are youtube videos and books to peruse in my spare evening hours.

I just wondered if anyone here had favorites to check out? And any advice about what yarns to avoid? I have a stash of garage sale and thrift store yarns, mostly wool and alpaca. I tend to leave the dime store stuff alone and search for better quality yarns. But I can get some common stuff to practice with.

I'm kind of afraid I'm going to like it, and will have yet another craft to collect stuff for. LOL.

Comments

• nksunshine27nksunshine27 IdahoPosts: 259 ✭✭✭

I got a loom at a garage sale the lady practically gave it to me. I would practice with cheep yarn to start. I also knit and crochet. when i went to Peru i bought a scarf made of alpaca i really should have bought some yarn while i was there its alot cheaper. i so want to make a alpaca scarf with my loom. let me know how it all works out for you unfortunately i dont have any advice but get familiar with your loom , i am currently learning to drop spindle wool. have fun