What's your favorite tea infuser?

Comments

• lmrebert
    lmrebert Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭

@Merin Porter Omgosh that’s so cute!!! I use a cold brew double infuser for my 8 hour infusions because I don’t like tea particles in my final product. Only drawback is getting the tea out after pressing down to get all the liquid out but other than that it works fantastic The TUBE+: Cold Brew Coffee Maker and Tea Infuser Kit. Premium Stainless Steel Mesh Filter Designed to Fit 64 Oz. Wide Mouth Ball Mason Jar Brew Guide and Recipe eBook Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WXSCSC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_yw0TDbNFD3DGN

• VickiP
    VickiP Posts: 586 ✭✭✭✭

I use a stainless steel tea ball as well. funny this came up, one of my grand-daughters got married over the weekend and she loves everything tea. I found a ceramic tea pot for her and I had some vintage teacups and saucers but I had no Idea what king of infuser she would like. I finally ended up with three different ones. One for the tea pot and two different kinds of single cup ones because it really matters ☺️.

• chimboodle04
    chimboodle04 Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

Ha! We have one similar - it is a narwhal! :)

• gardneto76
    gardneto76 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭

@lmrebert that is also my favorite infuser! I have a quart size and half gallon size. I have used them both for tea and infused water. I have contemplated animal shaped ones similar to @Merin Porter posted. I would love to find a monkey one!

• merlin44
    merlin44 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭✭
  • seeker.nancy - Central Texas
    seeker.nancy - Central Texas Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭

Like @Lisa K I have a lot of different ones that I use for different methods. I probably use the stainless tea ball infuser the most for a cup of tea. If I'm infusing more than one cup of hot tea I have glass tea pots with stainless inserts. For my medicinal infusions I use a quart jar and pour the almost boiling water over it and let it sit (with a lid on it) for 4-8 hours then strain it with a small hole stainless strainer.

• gennywu
    gennywu Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

I bought so many tea infusers over the years, trying to find the perfect one, but it just never is just right. I finally have gone back to old school and I think I like it. I brew my tea in a tea pot and then pour it over a small metal sieve into my cup. Works best for me - most of the time.