What's Your Opinion On This?
I have a husband which absolutely refuses to use natural or homemade medicines. As far as he is concerned, it's all a bunch of snake oil. The only thing he will use is another prescription. Or as far as he is concerned, a regular MD I guess you could say is just one step below God.
If an MD says it...it is gospel.
Now myself, I don't trust about 95% of what most MD's say. Their training is incomplete because after all their training is all based on pharmaceuticals. As far as I'm concerned, any company which knowingly puts out a drug which has a list of contraindications longer and more detrimental than the disease itself, well what kind of treatment plan is that?
So any physician which does not have the title MD after the name, he'll just never even give them a try.
My husband can see that many of my difficulties are always remedied with alternative therapies so it's not like he doesn't know they work.
So yes, after 47 years of marriage, we are totally and completely on different wave lengths on this issue. And the unfortunate part is, yes his basket of medications just keeps growing fuller and fuller. Because my philosophy of conventional medicine is they never try to cure you... they try to alleviate the symptoms so they know you will be back in the future so you can start another round of the treatment plan. And often, they add another medication to your list because you have developed other complications.
Anyone else in this situation and I'd just be curious to know how you do/or did handle it?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter