Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

What's on your holiday wishlist? — The Grow Network Community
WHAT'S CHANGING IN 2021 AND HOW TO NAVIGATE IT
a free community call lead by Marjory Wildcraft this Sunday, January 24 at 2pm CST

register here➥ howtopreparefor2021.com

What's on your holiday wishlist?

Merin PorterMerin Porter Editorial DirectorSouthwest Colorado (Zone 6a)Posts: 724 admin

I would love to know what items you'd like to receive (or are planning to give) this holiday season related to gardening, homesteading, and home medicine-making! Basically, what are the gadgets and gizmos you'd prefer not to live without (or wish you had)? And why?

One of mine is my egg apron -- it makes collecting eggs easier, and it makes it possible to do other little chores around the coop and run before heading inside ... without breaking eggs due to droppage or overexcited dogs.

I also really love my heated waterers from Premier 1 -- they are completely enclosed and use nipples, so I am not constantly having to clean them out like I used to with my open waterers. I have two of them for 20 chickens -- they are a little pricey, but after cleaning out my previous chicken waterers nearly constantly to remove the litter, chicken poop, and detritus, I'd have to say these waterers are the best thing since sliced bread. (Here's the link: https://www.premier1supplies.com/p/heated-poultry-waterer )

Comments

• ines871ines871 zn8APosts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

@Merin Porter -

What's on your Holiday wishlist, re "to gardening, homesteading, and home medicine-making! Basically ... And why?"

Simple.

1. just 1 Winning mega-million lottery ticket. You know, just some small change, which for us would be beyond Astronomical.

2.for Both of us my Better half to be able to WALK again... - so we can you know get ON with our life as we want...

Other than that, 3 new windows would be really good for Winter... since all but 1 room in the house is heated.

EDIT: Also that the 1 dude I found last week (after 4 years searching) to finally DIG all our 30+ HOLES for the foodForest, will actually work-out as he said. -- All I can think of in that regard is yet more prayers..., unless Santa has further resources.

• chimboodle04chimboodle04 Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

I would like one of those really large vegetable trugs - because, can a gardener really ever have enough buckets????

• ines871ines871 zn8APosts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, aside my Sweetie being able to walk, Again... I am shocked I asked for anything 'physical'.

Since childhood, honestly my most heartfelt wish I asked for is a PEACEful world.

And why mostly family & friends stopped asking me, as they know my deepest wish never changes.