A question of great importance
So, do you call your evening meal dinner or supper?
Back in Missouri we called it supper. When I moved to the Seattle area, it was dinner. Here in Idaho, it seems like it depends on who I'm talking to. For me, it will always be supper. Dinner is at noon, but I'll accept the word lunch, too.
I almost got into trouble once (in Washington) at a first aid training when they were using me to demonstrate how to assess level of consciousness. The question was, did I know what time it was...and since it was nearly noon, I answered that it was about dinner time. I thought I was going to get a real assessment and probably some unwarented treatment just because they use the wrong word for the noon meal.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter