Help for a Coughing Dog
I don't know why I didn't think of this before. My little dog is sensitive to poor air quality, and sometimes comes in coughing. It was especially bad during fire season, and today seems to be dust from the dirt work for a new house across the street.
We were out for a couple of hours, walking on the trail, and then I moved some more mulch while he played in the yard. When we came in Sammy was hacking and coughing like crazy.
I was making myself a cup of tea, and as I opened the jar of local, raw honey I recalled that I use it for my own cough (along with herbs like rosemary, sage, and mullin). So I let him lick a little honey off a spoon.
It worked really well! I'll give him a little more at bedtime if he needs it.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 528 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter