Finally Done Moving Mulch!
Around noon today I got the last of the huge wood chip mulch pile moved! I have nice pathways around my fruit trees, using heavy cardboard and mulch. I mulched walkways between the rows of my little garden, and in the front flowerbeds around the propane tanks.
The last bit, I spread on the corner where the weeds grew up around the power pole and the front of the shed/garage. It has been a muddy mess, and I park there so that I can plug in the magic thing that keeps the battery from running down in winter when I seldom drive.
The weather forecast suggested that we would be getting snow today, but so far it is sunny and in the mid 40s. I think we might catch a break before winter hits us! At any rate, I have the last of the big outdoor chores done now.
I am relieved to be able to concentrate on indoor chores now, and get in some extra reading time and craft and cooking time. Right now I have a pot of chicken bone broth simmering to make a tortilla soup for supper, and my lunches for the work week. And that's just 2 days with the Thanksgiving holiday!
That gives me time to address the Christmas cards. I don't send many anymore, but family and a few old friends. I might even get some Christmas presents made!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter