Herbal Energetics Lesson 5 – Tense Energetics and Bitter/Acrid Plants

System
System Posts: 121 admin
edited November 2019 in Herbal Energetics

Comments

• judsoncarroll4
    judsoncarroll4 Posts: 5,461 admin
    edited November 2019

Okay... so here is what I'm not getting. I have chronic back pain - tried everything, western medicine, yoga, chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, drugs, etc, etc.... it never stops and nothing helps. Daily, I have dull, aching, chronic pain... so that would be cold, I guess. But, I also have knotted muscles that are rock hard and have been for decades… so that is tense? Frequently, I have muscles that become inflamed, swollen, hot and spasming.... so hot? I also have chronic asthma and allergies that I'd describe pretty much the same way. How do I make sense of this using your diagrams and info? It still seems like I'd be just throwing everything at it.... and I have... hasn't helped much, if at all...but tons of prescriptions opiates and muscle relaxers never did either, at least more than temporarily.

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@judsoncarroll4 It is tough to deal with chronic pain and keep doing the things you want to do. I had been accumulating hip and lower back pain for awhile. Prescription drugs made it worse. I have talked about this some in other threads, yet think it bears repeating here in hopes that it gives you an idea worth trying.

I agree that herbal energetics are difficult with complex symptoms. I think you are right in that all the energetics are needed at times for you. I don't think herbs will be enough. I am going to be bad and ignore the thread subject for this comment. I will try to be concise.

1. I spent most of my adult life lifting items that realistically were more than my 5 foot 2 inch frame should have been lifting. In my 7 years of military service, I lifted 50 to 80 pounds daily, every day. Later in my technical career, I spent all day hunched over a workbench, or later, a computer on a desk. I think you can see where I am going; I developed muscles in perhaps uneven groupings. I had muscles spasm at times.
    2. I took up karate in my forties: I for sure developed muscles unevenly because I ended up with heel spurs on both feet and ultimately had to give it up after four years because my knees couldn't take it any more. I spent time at the chiropractor too.
    3. Back to my current overwhelming hip and lower back problems (pain and extreme stiffness) that made me consider opioids:
    4. Dropping pharmaceutical known for causing body pain helped.
    5. Taking up difficult, whole body workouts is helping. Note that this covers cardio, core and muscle strength through weight lifting and body weight exercises. Flexibility is not a large portion, so I am working that at home. If I had time, I would do yoga.
    6. I made an impulse buy of a mattress topper and surprised myself: 85 per cent of my morning stiffness was corrected by padding my mattress.

Only you know how you have used your body in the past. Muscles spasms are a symptom of imbalance as is muscles rock hard in a clenched state. Yoga, chiropractic and massage should have helped temporarily.

I suggest that you start weight lifting and working core body exercises. It is working for me. (I use herbs too.)

Thanks for reading. Good luck.

• judsoncarroll4

Thanks @rainbow I lift weights; that has been my exercise for the last decade or two. I'm crazy strong, but it definitely doesn't help my pain. Yoga never did.... and I went so far a to teach hatha yoga... also did kung fu, tai chi and chi gong. There is no amount of stretching or manipulation that causes my knotted muscles to relax for more than a few seconds; they clamp right back down. My knee injury of a year or so ago means I probably won't be kicking anything, ever again. I've tried everything from massage and acupuncture to electronic stimulations, herbs, prescription and OTC drugs, physical therapy, chiropractic and alcohol. Nothing is ore than temporary. I am sleeping on a Sleep Number bad, even! Still, shooting sciatic pains, muscle spasms in my back and thigs and a knot in my neck that is like a golf ball. I was born with scoliosis, later blew out a couple of disks, several other injuries, including dislocated shoulders from weight lifting, broken bones, all sorts of stuff.... I've ever had a single day in my life in which I was not in pain. Morphine and oxy basically cut the pain down to a tolerable level, but my tolerance is way too high.... basically, I had to keep doubling the dose to get any relief.... I had to stop taking all opioids, when the dose got close to being fatal... stopped "cold turkey" after 3 years on.... didn't sleep for 15 days/nights... NEVER want to do that again!

• shllnzl

@judsoncarroll4 Wow, I feel lucky that some things are working for me. I commend you on fighting back. I know from experience that it takes a bunch of willpower to do that.

Your muscles are getting a signal to contract. Have you tried the relaxing herbs that work on nerves like vervain, skullcap, motherwort lavender or California poppy? You could also try antispasmodics like lobelia.

From an herbal perspective, this herbal novice would suggest loading up on adaptogens -- they can't hurt, and maybe your body will know how to put them to work.

• judsoncarroll4
    edited November 2019

@shllnzl I'm taking lots of valerian, st johns, turmeric (and pepper) and codonopsis/dang shen. I've taken every type of ginseng over the years, but never noticed any results. Kava seems to work briefly, but then I seem to build up a tolerance.

• shllnzl

@judsoncarroll4 Wow again. Looks like you are doing everything short of hypnosis. Double thumbs up for accomplishing so much under the circumstances.

• judsoncarroll4

Oh gosh... "everything short of hypnosis".... my mom is a shrink who specialized in auto-hypnosis and I studied zazen for most of my teens/early 20s.... if it really could help, I'd do it still! Life is hard. I'm Catholic though.... I don't object to temporal suffering... we believe it means less time in purgatory. But, someday, I sure would like to be pain free and take up another form of penance. If it never happens, then that is "my cross"... but, I also have the responsibility to seek a cure if one is available... not to do so would be to reject blessings. And, it is a good reason to have an extra glass of wine... and I do enjoy wine!

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

@judsoncarroll4 Hi, you addressed 1 of your responses to me, but since @shllnzl is the person conversing with you thus far, did you mean to address it to her?

I am sorry for all that you too have suffered.

As far as pain, at 27 in an accident at work as a nurse, I nearly became a quadriplegic. That presented no small challenge to get myself to the eventual point, where I would no longer faint from repeatedly moving my head, like painting a wall, etc. - The other life-experiences I won't mention.

Further, I've had six fractures in (garden & house in past 5 years (4 in my left wrist). the PT's said I have incredibly high pain tolerance, But 95+% of the time I refuse to take any meds even prescribed narcotics. - I've Never broken anything as an Iceskating student.

You said your mom does 'auto-hypnosis', Yet hypnosis, & various levels of trance are not the same. Most people who say "auto-hypnosis" refer to various levels of trance. - We live our entire life in one trance state or another, but Hypnosis is much different. I know that having birthed a child into the world while dancing & completely pain-free & in joy... Also I've helped people using mostly nlp, but also hypnosis.

As far as being religious you mention catholicism. Know this: God created us with the so many Mind abilities & Nutritious foods & too Herbs to heal. He WANTS us each well, which is Why he has given us soo many Positive resources including nlp & also hypnosis.. In fact the younger a child the more practiced & skilled they are. Young (preferably un-educated) children are the easiest to help. - Most adults have a tougher time being/living child-like... yet in this ability lies your greatest blessings & opportunities. Something to think about.

• judsoncarroll4
    edited November 2019

@rainbow , if I said anything that offended you, I apologize.

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

What?, am not offended, in the least. Why would you choose going there?? - Would you like to explain.

I merely offered you some good insight, & helpful thought processes. And I do wish you well....

• judsoncarroll4

@rainbow I think I mis-read your comment - no problem.

• shllnzl

@judsoncarroll4 If it is legal in your area you should try medical cannabis. It has done wonders for people with muscle issues.

• alindsay22
    alindsay22 Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

TRE - Tension and Trauma Release Exercise - I cannot recommend this enough. It's free (which is why I think no one knows about it), private and can be done super quickly once your body knows how. It's totally involuntary, so you don't have to think about anything, your body knows what to do. Learn by either taking a lesson, buying the book or do what I did and just watch a few videos. Any questions, please feel free to ask me.

I've used this method to relieve a 15 year pelvic issue (in the first 5 minutes of learning this exercise). My shoulder/back area that held all my tension has been remedied, my stiff neck has recovered 90%. When I get a headache, I grab an herbal cuppa and then shake. My body knows what to fix and goes straight for it. Need to calm down, a little shake helps. I also shake weekly just to relieve anything going on. Sometimes it doesn't do much, other times a lot.

*Warning - go slow at first because you have years of junk built up in your body and releasing it all at once is too much to eliminate. I got super sick (for weeks) after the first week because I was doing way too much. I felt so much better I couldn't help myself - please listen to this warning. Give your body space to detox what's being released.

They say this technique also works for trauma so if you have a lot of baggage, you may want to do this with a therapist.

• alindsay22
    alindsay22 Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

Sorry - here is a link for TRE to give you more info

https://traumaprevention.com

• judsoncarroll4

Thanks @alindsay22 I'll check it out!