First Icy Winter Storm of the Season
Yesterday was out first icy storm of this season. To me, gosh but everything was so beautiful.
But then there is the downside also.
- almost no internet reception yesterday
- our power was going off and on all day long since people kept sliding into power poles. Had to pity the electrical company linemen/women
- the mall parking lots (I hear) were still packed since they all wanted their bargains. Then they had the nerve to complain about all the other people out in this weather. Some people... go figure!
So here it is the 1st of December and we've had snow a couple of times, a spectacular ice show (remember I'm in the country) and lots of unusually colder weather. I just hope this doesn't mean when February gets here (when we usually do have winter weather) we don't end up with an early Spring. Spring is OK but I'll always be a winter girl at heart.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter