Sprouts and Microgreens Please
My life has finally settled back down into its routine.
The house is all put back together after that disastrous 3-room flooring project which just went on forever and ever.
Then the difficulties with my two brothers health (at the same time). Unfortunately I lost my older brother thru his illness but all is good since he is in a much better place with much of his family and loved ones. So although we grieve we also rejoice for him!
But NOW it's past time actually to get into my winter gardening program. The sprouts and microgreens which I grow indoors each year are set up, planted and on their way under their gro-lights. Just a few days to weeks that I have all kinds of fresh harvest again.
This year I put in Sprouts: early peas/red rambo radishes/broccoli and chard
Microgreens I planted chia seeds/beets/red and green cabbage/micro carrots and rainbow chard
So I'm excited to get to watch and tend the small plants as they grow into food for the family, friends and neighbors. Meantime I always spend the winter planning next years outdoor gardens also. So amidst the winter work and fun being outdoors I generally keep myself very busy.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 36 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 29 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 367 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 467 Current Events & Breaking News
- 53 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 540 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 401 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 110 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter