I Just LOVE this quote! 💕 What's your favorite today?

12346»

Comments

• Jannajo
    Jannajo Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

Really, @Marjory Wildcraft I do understand our present dilemma, research is abt all I do lately...it is like a new life for me! - will look into this Ms Fitts now, I have a gentle nudging, a confirmation here, or there, but a real advance, glad of the Spirit.

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Oh @GardenMama ! Thank you so much for posting. I've been looking for something short and inspirational to put at the beginning of the TGN newsletters. I want to do more to cheer people up, remind us of the vast amounts of love available anytime, stay sane...

• Jannajo

@Marjory Wildcraft oh, yes, Ms Fitts, solari.com, and she is on Corbett report.com, Gates is a most pressing subject,'placing inside us an operating system'...21trillion laundered, even Epstein, Clinton, Gates' Foundation? Buffet taught him how to use the Foundation!' 'Microsoft operating system inside us, backdoor into our mind, with many updates, changing genome.' 'Business model of Gates' Foundation-like vatican, no taxes, immunity from local law-work outside of the law'...think of the 'rabbit hole'...twelve babies I've seen in there-12, it is dark, quiet, cozy. Even Madoff sent much funding to the Universities, laundering again-for the syndicat.

• Marjory Wildcraft

@Jannajo yes, you've got it. what a story, huh? seems insurmountable at this point, but Catherine is optimistic and who know swhat will happen this year.

• Jannajo

@Marjory Wildcraft ....Epstein impregnated 20 women at a time, for eugenics purposes, to have better seed (he says) and scientists were with him (for transhuman edge) and certainly Gates, what a year ..even so far! More deaths by the restrictions than the disease, it is political, all the way! They're coming for our gardens, the UN has their plans afoot, buying up land, even with all the economic downturn, looking to stop the rural (good) living. Solari can help, I believe, Corbett (in Japan...gov't was UNABLE to impose restrictions, no such laws in place - unlike most other countries-since the surrender they made). Shaking My Head Productions is very prolific.

• VickiP
    VickiP Posts: 586 ✭✭✭✭

" Everything you sow, sooner or later you have to reap. Life is a planting. Choose seeds wisely." Could not find who to attribute this to, but I love it!

• dimck421
    dimck421 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭

Now, faith is the substance of all things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1.

• VickiP
    VickiP Posts: 586 ✭✭✭✭

“When the last tree is cut down, the last fish eaten and the last stream poisoned, you will realize that you cannot eat money.”

Tentative Credit: Alanis Obomsawin. This is sometimes considered to be a Native American proverb.

• maryannfricko
    maryannfricko Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

One of my favorite quotes (relating to meditation) is an old Zen quote (unknown source):

Meditate for an hour every day unless you are too busy. In that case meditate for two hours.

• maryannfricko
    maryannfricko Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

“You know you can never find out what’s happening from the company bulletin or the adult press. You know that. The king’s messengers are always telling you what they want you to know for their own own benefit. The evolutionary message, what’s really happening, has always come from outcasts.”

Timothy Leary

• Marjory Wildcraft

oooppphhhfff, this is harsh @Jannajo

I'm not sure if they will go after the gardens (yet). THere has been no deplatforming or harrassment of various channels of homesteaders, gardeners, organics farmers.

I know this might sound crazy but I'm attending the WEF World Economic Forum next week (virtually) as a media representative for TGN. They talk a big game about sustainability... do they really mean it? In any case, I want to see more of how they operate. I'll be reporting back of course. Stay tuned.

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

From today's Old Farmer's Almanac (Nov. 27, 2020)

• Slippy
    Slippy Posts: 117 ✭✭✭

Ms Marjory,

It is my belief that governments, by their very design, are inherently unable to fully understand and support self sustainability in its citizenry. To me, it seems that government's primary function has morphed into promoting "Dependence" NOT Sustainability!

Thoughts from a Free Man whose journey to sustainability has never been helped by government, only hindered!

• Slippy
    Slippy Posts: 117 ✭✭✭

Oh, the quote that I have been thinking about often in this crazy year is;

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”

Jeff Cooper

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

My favorite all time quote is from the first woman who not only survived being diagnosed with AIDS, but then was told that her tests were then negative even though she did not receive any medical treatment at all. She was on a talk show many decades ago. When asked what she did that might have caused the cure she said emphatically "I say no." She didn't do anything she didn't want to do: eat Christmas cookies someone gave her just to be nice to the giver, watched a friend's dog (that she didn't like), attend an out of town wedding on the same day that she wanted to go to the dog show, etc.

She said that if she was going to die (and back then, AIDS was a death sentence), she wanted to do things she wanted to do and not do things she didn't want to do. Makes sense to me.

• Tave
    Tave Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

The quote on my coffee mug to remind me what is really important:

To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life had breathed easier becase you have lived. This is to have succeeded! - Emerson

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

Well, here is my addition. Source Unknown.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is not a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."