How did we survive childhood?
I grow up eating/doing the things that they now say are bad for you.
How come we all survived? If you believe what they say we all should be dead.
As a kid, we used to throw ink berries at each other (we invented paint ball, just didn't know it).
We eat elderberries right off the plants, seeds and all.
Chokecerries, apple seeds, peach pits ( we thought it was lucky to find a peach pit broken so you could eat the inside too).
We drank from the garden hose or the hose in the milk house. We shared cups. We went ALL day never washing your hands. You rubbed your hand on your dirty pants before you took the sandwich when making hay.
Wow the stuff we did, and I think we had a awesome childhood!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter