Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

Dandelions and Marital Harmony — The Grow Network Community
🌙 Have you ever heard of a Moon Garden? Do you have one that you want to share photos of? Check out this Moon Garden discussion created by smockv!

Dandelions and Marital Harmony

shllnzlshllnzl Southern UtahPosts: 723 ✭✭✭✭

It is amusing to me that I am about to plant dandelion seeds in a pot to be grown indoors. I do have a few persistent dandelions that grow in my mini lawn, but my husband does not agree to letting them grow and prosper there or anywhere else in my yard.

Ironically, my husband in his childhood was tasked by his mother to go outside and cut dandelion greens for dinner. He tells me they are bitter and has no interest in eating them now. If my mother-in-law were still living, I think she would be helping me on with my herbal education.

Growing dandelions in the house will serve many purposes: I will get greens for myself and my parrot; my cats will have greens to chew on; I can offer the flowers to the parrot; I can offer the flowers to myself; and I could even harvest and roast roots if I want.

I am looking forward to the reaction of the first visitor who recognizes my new houseplants.

Comments

• gennywugennywu Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

I can identify with your dilemma. My husband hates dandelions and I can barely keep him from using roundup to get rid of them. I grew up picking dandelions to make honey or to feed the rabbits and am always wishing I could hide a few from the lawn czar. I like your of growing them in a pot.

• LaurieLaurie Posts: 822 admin

I planted plantain seeds in my houseplant soil. To my dismay, none of them sprouted. 😔 I was/am so disappointed. You are not alone wanting a bit of weedy goodness indoors.